Lunarsoft Wiki registration disabled

Tarun

• Administrator

Due to the high number of spam accounts being created on the wiki, registration has been disabled. Accounts can still be made if anyone is interested in working with the wiki. Simply message me the username and a temporary password that you'd like to use to log in to the wiki.

... that reminds me, I noticed when I'm logged in on the forum and go over to the front page I'm a guest, it's safe to say the forums, front page, and the wiki all require a different (separate) account and/or log in? You can't simply use the same one, a second and third log in is necessary?

• Administrator

Unfortunately this is not possible. For the frontpage, if I had IP.Content then it'd work with the forums just fine. One time, I tried a bridge that would have combined IP.Board and Joomla. Unfortunately it screwed up the database. Badly. At first I noticed and thought I was getting a lot of new members, but when I looked in the database I noticed there were literally thoughts of some members. I had to rollback the database and never again use that bridge.

Invision has offered something to bridge Joomla and IP.Board, but it's IonCube encoded which isn't worth it in my opinion.

Our frontpage runs Joomla. Forums run IP.Board. Wiki runs MediaWiki. :)

Oh well, not a big deal I suppose. I've got too many UNs/PWs to keep track of as is, don't want to add 2 more if I don't need to.

Rhetorical -- I wonder how many regular users have a 2nd or 3rd UN/PW account for the wiki & front page?

• Administrator

Ideally I would have loved to have it all work with the forum database.

And to answer your question, no one has an account to the frontpage. Registration has been disabled for it since it was first installed. The Wiki has a public member list, however.

I would really love to use IP.Content for the Lunarsoft frontpage. Unfortunately there are not enough donations to cover it and the forum support. :(