JavaRa Info

0_0

There's been some progress with JavaRa recently...

... I'm not sure if 1x has been updated or simply put in a new archive but JavaRa-1.16-16-12-11.zip can be found @ JavaRa Downloads.

... More importantly, it looks like there's a JavaRa v2.0 alpha available for testing. Don't use this version for anything but testing, and I'm sure the devs would appreciate feedback.

JavaRa_alpha.png

• Administrator

I find myself wondering if this software is necessary anymore. I say that because I honestly have not encountered anything that needs java on the web anymore. Aside from that, Java just doesn't seem to be worth all of the risks and exploits that come with it.

I find myself wondering if this software is necessary anymore. I say that because I honestly have not encountered anything that needs java on the web anymore.

I've stopped @ JRE v6u30. Unless something complains I'll stay put with this version and eventually remove it completely, and I wont reinstall Java when I reinstall my OS, that's my plan now anyway :)

OTH, I found this an interesting read assuming the figures are accurate. Google recommends Java, Python, and Go as development tools, I didn't read very far but it may be mostly for mobile apps - not sure...?

The update for version 1.16 is simply a definitions update. No update to the base software.

Regretably, they've made almost exactly the same mistake as was made in some previous updates (see my first post ) and this 16-12-11 update will also trash the Registry by removing some JavaScript entries.

For this reason, the update is NOT recommended!