1ssrdr - log1

1ssrdr

:sad:

However, there's some good news! All those "Transforming table Error" lines are not errors. They appear on a good install as well. Putting them into plain English, that seems to be the installer (rather stupidly, in my opinion) going through the languages and reporting:

Error - not Dutch

Error - not Swedish

Error - not Russian

Error - not Portuguese

etc.

Could you also please confirm the date and time of the log-file you've pasted from? Just to be sure that it's the latest install we are looking at.

I would expect the log-file name to change, with NDP1.1sp1-KB2656353-X86NDP1.1sp1-KB2656353-X86-msi.0.log being the original failed install and later log-files appearing, maybe with a different number, like NDP1.1sp1-KB2656353-X86NDP1.1sp1-KB2656353-X86-msi.1.log? I can't confirm this directly, myself, because on my own computer I don't have a fail, followed by a success.

Also, if WindowsUpdate automatically installed the update, the log-file may be written to a different (SystemProfile) directory, possibly:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temp\NDP1.1sp1-KB2656353-X86

Well *scratches her head* I can't seem to find the files anymore. The folders for kb979906/MS10-041 (filename NDP1.1sp1-KB979906-X86.exe) and kb2656353.x86 are there but the files logs are gone. Search doesn't even find them. Looked in the Windows system folder and they are not there either. Can I redownload and install the file kb2656353.x86 file to see if it brings up another log or can I look somewhere else to find these files on my system? I'm puzzled, I have no idea what happened to them. They were there this morning when I shut the system down and when I booted this afternoon....POOF.

Any program that tidies up your hard disk (like CCleaner, or the Disk Cleanup Wizard) might have deleted those files.

Instead of going through it all again, you could just wait and see if Windows Update puts up the "Yellow shield" in the System Tray.

Totally understand that but I didn't use any clean up program except for the clean up tool you had me download and run BEFORE I installed the security update for 1.1 sp1. And, woudn't it have taken the folders as well and not just the files in those folders? Just trying to understand what just happened that's all.

I will have to say that I have not seen the yellow shield and updates is still on.

It looks like we may never understand or know what happened to the log-files.

The .NET Framework cleanup tool is only concerned with completely removing the .NET Framwwork itself (including some very complicated stuff in the Registry).

The best news is that no Windows Update "yellow shield" after several days suggests that the re-install was successful, after all. :)

It looks like it did because I have not yet gotten a yellow sheld. I am however having problems with seeing pictures on my Facebook. Can you please look at my HIJack this log to see if everything is still ok? I think it happened when I upgraded but can't be for sure on that one.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4

Scan saved at 7:48:40 PM, on 2/14/2012

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:WINDOWSSystem32smss.exe

C:WINDOWSsystem32winlogon.exe

C:WINDOWSsystem32services.exe

C:WINDOWSsystem32lsass.exe

C:WINDOWSsystem32svchost.exe

c:Program FilesMicrosoft Security ClientAntimalwareMsMpEng.exe

C:WINDOWSSystem32svchost.exe

C:Program FilesIntelWirelessBinEvtEng.exe

C:Program FilesIntelWirelessBinS24EvMon.exe

C:Program FilesIntelWirelessBinWLKeeper.exe

C:WINDOWSsystem32spoolsv.exe

C:Program FilesSUPERAntiSpywareSASCORE.EXE

C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportbinAppleMobileDeviceService.exe

C:Program FilesBonjourmDNSResponder.exe

C:Program FilesWIDCOMMBluetooth Softwarebinbtwdins.exe

C:Program FilesCommon FilesCreative Labs SharedServiceCreativeLicensing.exe

C:Program FilesJavajre6binjqs.exe

C:WINDOWSsystem32driversKodakCCS.exe

C:Program FilesCommon FilesLogiShrdLVMVFMLVPrcSrv.exe

C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedVS7DEBUGMDM.EXE

C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZBinnsqlservr.exe

C:Program FilesDellQuickSetNICCONFIGSVC.exe

C:WINDOWSsystem32nvsvc32.exe

C:Program FilesIntelWirelessBinRegSrvc.exe

C:WINDOWSsystem32stacsv.exe

C:WINDOWSsystem32svchost.exe

C:WINDOWSExplorer.EXE

C:Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynTPEnh.exe

C:WINDOWSsystem32rundll32.exe

C:Program FilesIntelWirelessbinZCfgSvc.exe

C:Program FilesCreativeSBAudigySurround MixerCTSysVol.exe

C:Program FilesDellMediaDirectPCMService.exe

C:Program FilesCommon FilesInstallShieldUpdateServiceissch.exe

C:Program FilesMicrosoft Security Clientmsseces.exe

C:Program FilesCommon FilesJavaJava Updatejusched.exe

C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12GrooveMonitor.exe

C:WINDOWSsystem32ctfmon.exe

C:Program FilesSpybot - Search & DestroyTeaTimer.exe

C:Program FilesSUPERAntiSpywareSUPERAntiSpyware.exe

C:PROGRA~1IntelWirelessBinDot1XCfg.exe

C:Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox.exe

C:Program FilesMozilla Firefoxplugin-container.exe

C:Program FilesMozilla Firefoxplugin-container.exe

C:Documents and SettingsRobinDesktopScanning toolsHijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerSearch,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk&channel=us&ibd=6061025

R1 - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.callwave.com/iam/DemoIntro.html?u=0f5aad5d20e557b1a8355eb2c05007ccb277b91465eaf9bd&Ver=3.09.9.0&OS=WinNT:5.1.2600SP:2.0&co=0

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:Program FilesAdobeAcrobat 7.0ActiveXAcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:PROGRA~1SPYBOT~1SDHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:Program FilesYahoo!Commonyiesrvc.dll

O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12GrooveShellExtensions.dll

O2 - BHO: Java Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:Program FilesJavajre6binssv.dll

O2 - BHO: Java Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:Program FilesJavajre6binjp2ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:Program FilesJavajre6libdeployjqsiejqs_plugin.dll

O4 - HKLM..Run: [synTPEnh] C:Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynTPEnh.exe

O4 - HKLM..Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:WINDOWSsystem32NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM..Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet

O4 - HKLM..Run: [NVHotkey] rundll32.exe nvHotkey.dll,Start

O4 - HKLM..Run: [intelZeroConfig] "C:Program FilesIntelWirelessbinZCfgSvc.exe"

O4 - HKLM..Run: [CTSysVol] C:Program FilesCreativeSBAudigySurround MixerCTSysVol.exe /r

O4 - HKLM..Run: [PCMService] "C:Program FilesDellMediaDirectPCMService.exe"

O4 - HKLM..Run: [iSUSScheduler] "C:Program FilesCommon FilesInstallShieldUpdateServiceissch.exe" -start

O4 - HKLM..Run: [MSC] "c:Program FilesMicrosoft Security Clientmsseces.exe" -hide -runkey

O4 - HKLM..Run: [iSUSPM Startup] "C:Program FilesCommon FilesInstallShieldUpdateServiceisuspm.exe" -startup

O4 - HKLM..Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:Program FilesCommon FilesJavaJava Updatejusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM..Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12GrooveMonitor.exe"

O4 - HKCU..Run: [setDefaultMIDI] MIDIDef.exe

O4 - HKCU..Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:WINDOWSsystem32ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU..Run: [spybotSD TeaTimer] C:Program FilesSpybot - Search & DestroyTeaTimer.exe

O4 - HKCU..Run: [sUPERAntiSpyware] C:Program FilesSUPERAntiSpywareSUPERAntiSpyware.exe

O4 - HKUSS-1-5-18..Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:PROGRA~1COMMON~1MICROS~1DWdwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS.DEFAULT..Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:PROGRA~1COMMON~1MICROS~1DWdwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'Default user')

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:PROGRA~1MI1933~1Office12ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:PROGRA~1MI1933~1Office12ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:PROGRA~1MI1933~1Office12REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:PROGRA~1SPYBOT~1SDHelper.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:PROGRA~1SPYBOT~1SDHelper.dll

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:WINDOWSNetwork Diagnosticxpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:WINDOWSNetwork Diagnosticxpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:Program FilesMessengermsmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:Program FilesMessengermsmsgs.exe

O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:windowssystem32nwprovau.dll

O16 - DPF: {7530BFB8-7293-4D34-9923-61A11451AFC5} (OnlineScanner Control) - http://download.eset.com/special/eos/OnlineScanner.cab

O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12GrooveSystemServices.dll

O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:PROGRA~1COMMON~1SkypeSKYPE4~1.DLL

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:PROGRA~1GoogleGOOGLE~1GOEC62~1.DLL

O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:Program FilesSUPERAntiSpywareSASWINLO.DLL

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:WINDOWSsystem32browseui.dll

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:WINDOWSsystem32browseui.dll

O23 - Service: SAS Core Service (!SASCORE) - SUPERAntiSpyware.com - C:Program FilesSUPERAntiSpywareSASCORE.EXE

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportbinAppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:Program FilesBonjourmDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:Program FilesWIDCOMMBluetooth Softwarebinbtwdins.exe

O23 - Service: Creative Labs Licensing Service - Creative Labs - C:Program FilesCommon FilesCreative Labs SharedServiceCreativeLicensing.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:Program FilesIntelWirelessBinEvtEng.exe

O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:Program FilesJavajre6binjqs.exe

O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:WINDOWSsystem32driversKodakCCS.exe

O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - C:Program FilesCommon FilesLogiShrdLVMVFMLVPrcSrv.exe

O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:Program FilesDellQuickSetNICCONFIGSVC.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:WINDOWSsystem32nvsvc32.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:Program FilesIntelWirelessBinRegSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:Program FilesIntelWirelessBinS24EvMon.exe

O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - SigmaTel, Inc. - C:WINDOWSsystem32stacsv.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless SSO Service (WLANKEEPER) - Intel® Corporation - C:Program FilesIntelWirelessBinWLKeeper.exe

--

End of file - 9574 bytes

What sort of problems are you having with Facebook pictures?

I see from your log that you are running Firefox. Are the problems in Firefox, Internet Explorer, or both?

Also one thing I can see in your log, that should really have been picked-up last time, because it was in the last log too. Sorry about missing that:-

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

Adobe [Acrobat] Reader 7 is no longer supported. Both Adobe Reader 7 and Adobe Reader 8 are past their End of Life dates.

If you actually have an old version, it should be updated, to 9.5 or 10.1.

The problem is with both IE and FF. Most of the pictures come through but some don't. I just have an empty box. The weird thing is some of these pictures are from my own account that I uploaded to FB from my own computer that are still on my computer. I thought it was just the mobile uploads but some of them show up and some don't.

I will get Adobe update. I don't use it much so I don't think about it until I get a prompt to update and that is usually when I am getting ready to shut the computer down.

Finally got my first shield with updates and YAY the update I had problems with is NOT on the list.

This is probably the best example I can give you of what is happening on FB. These are the same picture posted by the same company exactly 14 minutes apart. The first pic was posted first.

2gtq53q.jpg

jff2hf.jpg

Edited by 1ssrdr

That looks to me like a Facebook problem. It could be linked to Facebook's use of its second domain (fbcdn.net)

In other words the problem may be at the Facebook end, not with your computer.

The Facebook help center Profile: Bugs and known issues has the following, which may be relevant:

Content on my Facebook profile disappears and reappears.

Some people are currently experiencing issues on the site where content appears and disappears for short periods of time. For example, a Wall post may disappear and not return until logging in again and/or refreshing the page.

If you would like to submit a report, please click here.

See http://www.facebook..../issues/profile (second item down)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it has taken my so long to get back. It seems that FB has things fixed and I can see my pitures again,all of them. Everything else is going good wit my computer. I want to thank you for everything you have done. It is good to have everything running smoothly again. Now to fix the other 3. Woohooo fun times. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

The issue this thread has been opened for has been resolved.

If you need continued support, please start a new thread and provide a link to this topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic, after following the steps outlined here: PC Cleanup

It is recommended that you review our PC Security wiki page to help secure your computer and protect it.