Activex-registry critical issues and Win7 Crashes

Debra Long

I run Win7 64bit Pro on my Dell 1520 laptop.

Crashes began happening 3-4 weeks ago.  At Tom Campbell's request (Adobe) via email I updated Flash Player to Mid-Nov '12 version.  Freezing was occurring while playing the game.

After the Flash update, while playing Internet game, "Garden of Time" by Playdom - I begin to get alerts via the Flash Player's dialog box.  The dialog box msg is " (for example)

"SecurityError: Error #2123: Security sandbox violation: BitmapData.draw: https://hog0-a.akamaihd.net/[[iMPORT]]/hog0-a.akamaihd.net/hog/pd/flash/game/95057/Main.swf cannot access http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v2/yo/r/UlIqmHJn-SK.gif. No policy files granted access.

Registry problems diagnosed by "Regsurepro" recommended by Microsoft......."

This pop up comes up often with a choice of clicking on Delete or Continue.  I did suppose this was a Flash Player issue - and found its not by reading forum posts at Adobe.  The crashes seems to have been resolved by Windows rolled back to earlier working version.  This was 3 days ago.  Today while playing this online game, the frequency of the Flash's popping up dialog boxes has greatly increased.  I am not certain exactly what the problem is, nor how I can resolve this.  I am not afraid to go step by step to resolve this vs. playing $ to allow Regsurepro to clear it all up.  I am capable of understanding hardware and software issues but can't wrap my head around a problem this involved and would appreciate your help.  I have today alone, copied each script in dialog box 12-14 times and am able to send the text to you if necessary.  I attach one as an example

Thanks so very much  Debra1533   

flash error.txt

• Administrator

Regsurepro sounds phishy/like scareware to me. You may want to scan your computer for malware using software available in the Anti-Malware Toolkit.

Registry cleaning is generally never necessary (or beneficial). As far as fixing the Flash player issues, there's an uninstall that will clean Flash out to allow for a clean reinstall. We can walk through that after checking for potential malware.

Archived