Error 80090008

Guest puiu288

Guest puiu288

Hi ,

I"m a newbie here and in computers world . Basically i am a user . So, please provide me if possible with step by step tech instructions and patience .

I have a PC with Windows XP Professional Edition Version 2002 SP 3

A while ago , the CD device was working , but for some time it is no longer recognized by the OS so i can not play CD  or copy my stuff to it.

Try to fix it by downloading the adequate " Fix it " soft from Microsoft , but it was not possible to run it , receiving error code 80090008 ( it was not the first time i received this error , but receiving it everytime MSE ( the antyvirus i used ) tried to update .) No longer using MSE now , but the error is still there .

So i reached here , downloaded the Dial a Fix tool but not runned it yet due the fact  i was reading  that it will erase my documents folder . Is it true ? What should i do ? And i do not have the original CD for the installation of the Windows xp OS .

Thank you .

Dial-a-fix will not delete the "My Documents" folder. If you have created a folder named "documents" in the root of C: drive, the "Empty Temp Files" function in Dial-a-fix will delete that. If you have such a folder, you can rename it or move it into a subfolder of C: like "Documents and Settings" and it will be safe.

Guest puiu288

Sir ,

Thank you for the answer .Sorry for my english ( it may sound a little weird) but i"m not a native english speaker .

So i have runned Dial -a- fix and received these  messages :

1. "Dial-a-fix cannot identify your version of IE . Some  dll registrations will be skipped ....."

2 ."Error 127 :C:WINDOWSsystem32iesetup.dll is not registerable or the file is corrupted .Your version of iesetup.dll is :

8.00.6001.18702. Please contact dial-a-fix@DjLizard.net  so that an exception can be made for your version of this file."

3 .Same message for  mshtml.dll version 8.00.6001.19190 .

After every error message i have clicked ok and gone further till the end .I use IE 8 downloaded from MS site . .Do i have to uninstall it ?

Error 80090008 still there .

What is it to be done ?

Thx .

Archived