Gmail integrates Google Drive support

NewsBot

When you're sent an email with an attachment you probably do one of two things. You might preview the file in your browser, or you might download it to your hard drive. If you want to be able to access the file on other computers without having to track down the original email again, you may then take the extra step of uploading it to Google Drive. But it's all too easy for attachments to end up getting lost on the desktop or a catch-all Downloads folder.

This is something Google may be able to change with the latest addition to Gmail. Now there is no need to click an attachment to view a preview -- supported file types (including images, PDFs and videos) are automatically previewed as small thumbnails. You can still click them if you would like to see a larger preview, but this is not the only change that has been made. When an email has multiple attachments, it is now possible to scroll through them slideshow-style.

View the full article

• Administrator

Google seems to want to be everything and do everything anymore. I think they've gotten worse as time has gone on. Back when they had their "Do no evil" slogan, they were great. My biggest gripe with them is how heavily they're pushing Google+, especially on YouTube.

Google seems to want to be everything and do everything anymore. I think they've gotten worse as time has gone on. Back when they had their "Do no evil" slogan, they were great. My biggest gripe with them is how heavily they're pushing Google+, especially on YouTube.

I agree!

Google used to be really cool, and I liked them a lot.

But this G+ on YouTube is pissing me off, and their real name policy.

Also new versions of previously open source apps in Android they now don't release source code for anymore.

Google is getting lame.

• Administrator

YouTube is becoming a pain in the a** to view instead of a nice site to watch videos. I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes out with an extension/addon that blocks a lot of Google's crap from YouTube. The "use your real name" and all that other garbage I just continue to ignore and refresh to get around it. They need an option to just say "No thanks".