Windows Firewall

is this happening at randoms times? what firewall are you using?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it is just random. I use windows firewall. It will do it for a while and stop. It is not causing any probs ( I don't guess), but it is annoying to hear it pop on and off.

What?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You seem to have a special way of saying things.

But seriously, has this happened to anyone else?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I only ever use the Windows firewall briefly, for instance if I am uninstalling one ready to reinstall another one on an always connected computer.

So all I am gonna get is a "try something else?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you using Windows Firewall as a stand-alone firewall? I only use it because it's there, but Windows Firewall isn't secure enough as a stand-alone. So yes, please get something else if that's the case. :P

I have a 2wire that has a firewall. It must be good cause I have to figure a port everytime I wanna add a program. I just thought that and my windows firewall was enough. Do I really need 3 firewalls?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. You don't need 3. :P

Does your Windows Firewall pop off when you're configuring your 2wire? Mine pops off when I'm configuring my router. My router is what protects me, not Windows Firewall. I only leave it on so that the balloon stops popping up telling me to turn it on. The point is that you're protected, and you don't need another firewall. :)

I vote Outpost Free, get the paid version if you can afford it.

While were talking about firewalls, had anyone figured out how to uninstall outpost? I cant find it in my add/remove programs, and it doesnt appear on my program lists off the start menu.... I was just going through all my programs and noticed it was missing

)corjello(

Well nothing specific going on. It just does it. Guess I will just uninstall it. Can't handle the bubble and the pop noise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I know how to shut up a room full of men. Bring up windows firewall. That'll clear the room real quick.

Well nothing specific going on. It just does it. Guess I will just uninstall it. Can't handle the bubble and the pop noise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think that you can uninstall Windows Firewall (I could be wrong about that). You don't even need to turn it OFF if you don't want to.

I found a trick today. :P

Open Control Panel > Security Center > (in the left window pane) click 'Change the way Security Center Alerts Me' > and uncheck Firewall.

Have a nice day!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think that you can uninstall Windows Firewall (I could be wrong about that). You don't even need to turn it OFF if you don't want to.

I found a trick today. ;)

Open Control Panel > Security Center > (in the left window pane) click 'Change the way Security Center Alerts Me' > and uncheck Firewall.

Have a nice day!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome Krit. Problem solved. And you men call yourself tech help. haaa. You're the best Krit. And I was just kidding about you boys. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found a trick today. ;)

Have a nice day!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome Krit. Problem solved. And you men call yourself tech help. haaa. You're the best Krit. And I was just kidding about you boys. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad it worked! ;)

• 8 months later...