Cheap Chip

xd3vilx

Hi...i am lookin to build my own computer for capturing video on live and storing files...i am low in cash...i just need a chip do those stuff and don't mind lettin this comp get rot...(since i have a laptop...)

Currently, i am considering AMD XP2100+ or Celeron or even Duron :P ...

Maybe i know where AMD XP or Celeron is better?...

Are they other chip that is good yet not so expensive...

Hi...i am lookin to build my own computer for capturing video on live and storing files...i am low in cash...i just need a chip do those stuff and don't mind lettin this comp get rot...(since i have a laptop...)

Currently, i am considering AMD XP2100+ or Celeron or even Duron :P ...

Maybe i know where AMD XP or Celeron is better?...

Are they other chip that is good yet not so expensive...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I personally usually make RAM take precedence over CPU, as that significantly affects your performance, but it mostly depends on what you want to do. Capturing/editing video is indeed CPU intensive, but will that be primarily what you will be doing, or will you be doing a broad range of tasks?

Also, how much cash do you have to work with? Are you getting all new parts, or keeping some old ones? I've built a couple computers recently in a couple different price ranges, so if you'd like, I can send you the spec sheets and prices, and you can mix-and-match components.