ISO Files

No. I know how to write ISO files to a CD.

Here's the situation. I had an ISO file that I lost in a clean install, it didn't get backed up for some reason.

But I had already written the ISO file to 1 CD, but I needed to make 2 CD's. I use CDBurner XP Pro3.

Can I create an ISO file from the CD, then write it? I would like to know how to make iso files either way.

Thanks.

I use UltraISO, and yes, you can make an ISO from a CD and then burn the ISO.  You could have also used Nero to make an .NRG from a disc (using the Nero's Image Writer) or just straight copy disc to disc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So could I use Norton Ghost for a straight copy disc to disc? Or is that just for hard drives. Thanks for the link.

speaking of iso, i was just about to burn a ubuntu iso onto a disk to fool around with it on our old computer

anyone ever done this?

)corjello(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ubutu is awesome. I use it on one of my machies. Like I said before, I use CDBurner XP Pro3 (freeeware) to write my ISO files.

I use UltraISO, and yes, you can make an ISO from a CD and then burn the ISO.  You could have also used Nero to make an .NRG from a disc (using the Nero's Image Writer) or just straight copy disc to disc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love UltraISO now. It's really user friendly. Thanks. :sick: