Two Hard Drives

New_Age

Hi, I have two Hard Drives.

HDD 74.5GB

HDD 28.6GB

And I've been having them both shut off at random times. Either when listening to music or surfing the web. I've done a Disk check with the Software for both HDD with their programs as provided from the company.

I don't know if it's the PS which is 300WATTS. Heres the Case it self...

Current Case

And I've had it for about... 9 months now. I can only mount one HDD on that case and I have the 74.5GB in now which hasn't shut off. When it does my computer freezes and left me to restart. What I did to may of stopped the shut downs is I switched around some power connectors and it could be that some have gone bad but IDK really. Any help would be greatful. I paid good money for that HDD too :D

Note: I have Windows Xp Professional Installed on BOTH Hard Drives and fully updated and same programs and all and yes... that's including Photos and music.

• Administrator

Check your connections and make sure everything is plugged in. You may also wish to swap the plugs (say you have P4 and P5 plugged into the hard drives) to see if there is any changes.

Pending on the age, you may want to check for the warranty.

It could also be a power supply issue as well.

• Administrator

Unfortunately, there are way too many possibilities, and it needs to be narrowed down.

You can put your hard drive into a floppy bay or even a CD/DVD slot. Set up a master/slave and install Windows XP on only one HDD. Perhaps make the 30GB a Windows drive and the 80GB WD as a data backup drive.

• Administrator

Do you have a link to your case?

I'll look around newegg and a few sites for something you may be able to use to hold the hard drives in there. :D

Or you could make your own stand out of wood and elastics.