Internal Link

G'day Tarun,

I've got a request regards your linking. Can you redirect the link for your banner, whilst in these forums, to go back to the 'home' page instead of going to the front of these forums.

Yes, in case you're wondering I'm motivationally challenged (read 'lazy') :eyeroll: when it comes to driving my mouse across the screen and like having links take me to where I want to go.

If this is as clear as mud let me know and I'll try to be a little bit more succinct next time.

Cheers :w00t:

Darn it forgot one,

if you glance up, you'll notice there are 2 links to Lunarsoft.net.

One redirects to the front of these forums (lower one) whilst the other takes you to the homepage.

Gotta allow for us old feeble-minded folk :w00t:

Cheers ;)

The reason I head to the 'home page' every so often is because there's a 'News' team within these forums (correct me if I'm wrong here) and that would be a logical place to post new information not relating to the forum.

Have to realise, when you google for Lunarsoft, that's the page (home page) that you get directed too as well.

Not everyone links directly to the forums, which I tend to do, and with most sites, the newest information is posted there, with a possible carbon copy in the forums.

Yes, I know it's sounding somewhat anal, but I guess I just like having my ducks all in one row. :w00t:

Cheers ;)

The reason I head to the 'home page' every so often is because there's a 'News' team within these forums (correct me if I'm wrong here) and that would be a logical place to post new information not relating to the forum.

Have to realise, when you google for Lunarsoft, that's the page (home page) that you get directed too as well.

Not everyone links directly to the forums, which I tend to do, and with most sites, the newest information is posted there, with a possible carbon copy in the forums.

Speaking as the member of the News Team, it's not that tightly organized. If I think something belongs on the front page, I submit it there, if not, I post it in the forum. The four categories for front page stories are Lunarsoft.net, Security, Software, and Hardware; if a story doesn't fall into one of those categories, it's not going on the front page no matter how big it is.

Stories don't appear on the front page until they've been approved by an Admin, so there might be a delay before they appear there. So if the news team is feeling less lazy than usual, and posts a copy of a story in the forum, it might appear there first.

Of course, Admins and (I assume) Mods can post front page news, too. Any member can post news stories in the forum, for that matter. And since the News Team is both lazy and a very slow typist, it wouldn't hurt if a few did.