online showcase

The Magellan Bioscience page is awesome, its really good. Incredible nice. It's clean, clear, aesthetically pleasing, I love it. Maybe the best design I ever seen on my decade on the web. Great logo too. It's a real masterpiece.

The Crawford isn't spectacular like Magellan, but its alright.

The Spencer Skeen site, well the inactive/dark image of work/client/about is way too dark, you can barely see them. The site doesn't have any contrasts.

The site does contain a <doctype...>, and does not validate as valid HTML code.

If you gonna do a image rollover, then its better to use CSS than JavaScript, because not all browsers support JavaScript, and not all people have it enabled, I use NoScript extension for Firefox.

Also, you should not use the © directly, you should use &copy; to HTML encode it.

Also see why tables for layout is stupid and this article about tableless web design.

well the inactive/dark image of work/client/about is way too dark, you can barely see them. The site doesn't have any contrasts.

its a portfolio meaing simple so i stayed away from the contrasting colors.

Simple is good. I like simple. But it doesn't mean you shouldn't use any contrasts.

For some reason, this makes me think of Albert Einstein, who once said; "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."