Outlook Error Message

trish4323

I got this message on Outlook when trying to delete an email, also I realized that I haven't received incoming email. This just happened last night. So I went to the "help" menu and got instructions on how to use the inbox repair tool, and I am completely stumped as it's telling me to select a .pst or .ost file to scan and I have no clue about that. Can you help me, or do you need more information? Thanks!

2rcqxxv.jpg

• Administrator

In the repair tool, try entering either of these two:

"%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.nst"
"C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USERNAME_HERE\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.nst"

Alternatively, you could switch to Thunderbird and import all of your Outlook settings, e-mails and more.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

I did try switching to Thunderbird at one point, but not all of my emails were imported and I meant to ask you about that but then forgot about it. Once I get this Outlook thing straightened out, I'll try Thunderbird again and then ask for your help with that. :happybday:

I personally would look at getting Thunderbird installed and working now, just so that you know you will have a functioning email client, and then work on getting Outlook sorted.

Seriously, once you have used Thunderbird for a while you wont want to go back to outlook.

Plus, Thunderbird is not susceptible to the security vulnerabilities like anything to do with Microsoft is.

I have always used a public email like yahoo, and google. What are the pro's of thunderbird? I am an avid firefox user, just never tried the email.

You might want to try it.

With webmail you have to login to your accounts, with Mozilla Thunderbird you can check several e-mail accounts quickly at the same time, without have to entering any usernames or passwords.

Thunderbird does POP3 and IMAP mail accounts, it does secure connection over SSL. It has phishing protection. It has spellchecking, it has email search feature, it has junk mail filter for spam, etc.

I have always used a public email like yahoo, and google. What are the pro's of thunderbird? I am an avid firefox user, just never tried the email.

You might want to try it.

With webmail you have to login to your accounts, with Mozilla Thunderbird you can check several e-mail accounts quickly at the same time, without have to entering any usernames or passwords.

Thunderbird does POP3 and IMAP mail accounts, it does secure connection over SSL. It has phishing protection. It has spellchecking, it has email search feature, it has junk mail filter for spam, etc.

Sounds like what i have been lookin for, I will give it a go.

I use Thunderbird for my GMail accounts.

As do I, I use Thunderbird to check 3 gmail accounts, 3 yahoo accounts, and my ISP account.

Ok, I think I'm going to try to install Thunderbird again. I shall return with any issues I encounter. :happybday:

Or you will return with no issues, but just to let us all know it is going great, and you should of done it sooner. :hyper: