Wireless Adapter

FastEddie57

:hello: I am trying to get my brother's older PC on my wireless router so he can have internet access. His system is operating on Windows Millennium. I purchased the wirelss adapter and it is compatible with Windows Me. After I install the software for the wireless adapter and try and open the program I get the following error message: "Wusb11b has caused an error in Kernel32.dll". I've tried everything short of reinstalling windows. I've also updated windows, checked for spyware and did a disk cleanup. I've removed the driver and reinstalled it several times and still I get the error message. I tried the adapter on my newer PC and it does work so I know it's functional. I also tried updating the driver and such. I know nothing about networks, and this is my first router so please bear with me. Please let me know if any additional information might help. The adapter is a LINKSYS WUSB11 version 4.

Eddie

• Administrator

Welcome to Lunarsoft, FastEddie57!

This information comes from the User Guide.

You may want to fully uninstall the drivers and software, unplug it from the USB connection and restart. Have your cd ready also.

After rebooting, load your cd and follow the directions. Click Install, and after the License Agreement select the proper mode (Infrastructure or Ad-Hoc, these go according to your home network). Select your WEP passphrase, etc. If you get a Digital Signature Warning, click yes.

Now you'll want to connect your device via the USB cable.

You should have a Wireless Network Monitor icon by the clock in the Taskbar.

When did you purchase this network adapter?

Welcome to Lunarsoft, FastEddie57!

This information comes from the User Guide.

You may want to fully uninstall the drivers and software, unplug it from the USB connection and restart. Have your cd ready also.

After rebooting, load your cd and follow the directions. Click Install, and after the License Agreement select the proper mode (Infrastructure or Ad-Hoc, these go according to your home network). Select your WEP passphrase, etc. If you get a Digital Signature Warning, click yes.

Now you'll want to connect your device via the USB cable.

You should have a Wireless Network Monitor icon by the clock in the Taskbar.

When did you purchase this network adapter?

Purchased it a month ago. I tried it on my other PC and it's functional. I install the software and when I click on the Icon I get that error message. Uninstalled it several times and after 3 times I got the following messages as well: :the file mdusb.out was not found", and " m4301A.sys was not found". Not sure what that means. Any ideas? Maybe reinstall windows.

Thanks

Another option you could try is fully uninstalling the entire product. From the link above, download and install the driver only.

I did download the driver from the linksys site and it didn't work. I am going to reinstall windows and if that don't work I don't know what will. Thanks and I will keep you posted on what happens.

Eddie

• Administrator

I've had instances where installing just the driver and omitting the software installation will actually allow the device to work.

I did a lot of research into this issue, especially on the Linksys Forums. A lot of people complained that the device was frequently overheating.

I've had instances where installing just the driver and omitting the software installation will actually allow the device to work.

I did a lot of research into this issue, especially on the Linksys Forums. A lot of people complained that the device was frequently overheating.

I upgraded to Windows XP and it worked like a charm.

Thanks

E