Hello guys!

Hello!

My name is Mihail Fradkov! I'm working at Russian information security company Online Solutions. We are developing software for protecting users against any threats: Personal Firewall (OSPF), Proactive Defense (OSPD), Autorun Manager (OSAM), Privacy Cleaner (OSPC). I hope to find here a beta-testers for our software and get some feedback and suggestions to improve it! And of course, I'm sure that our software will really helpful for you! (BTW, all software is fully free).

If you have any questions feel free to contact me using PM.

"Online Solutions", wow thats an very creative and original name, right there. :D

Don't get me wrong, but for a website being about anti-spyware and privacy, it is about ironic that it loads a JavaScript from spylog.ru. :hmm:

Also, I couldn't help notice that the files that come with installers are numerous times larger than those that come with self-extractors. Perhaps you should look into it, and try to change the overhead.

osam_autorun_manager.msi (8.0mb)

osam_autorun_manager_sfx.exe (1.8mb)

ospc_privacy_cleaner.msi (9.3mb)

ospc_privacy_cleaner_sfx.exe (3.2mb)

oshe_hosts_editor.msi (7.4mb)

oshe_hosts_editor_sfx.exe (1.4mb)

The NSIS installer got a overhead of only about 10 kb, it is used by Intel, Sun, Google, Adobe, etc.

Since they're not open source, I won't test them, but perhaps you can find someone else wiling todo that here on the forums.

Good luck.

• 3 months later...

Hello!

Don't get me wrong, but for a website being about anti-spyware and privacy, it is about ironic that it loads a JavaScript from spylog.ru. :)

SpyLOG - it's just a Russian web-statistics engine (counter) used by many of web-designers, like Google's "Google Analytics". You can read on english about it here. Nothing of insecure, illegal, spy- or ad-ware.

Also, I couldn't help notice that the files that come with installers are numerous times larger than those that come with self-extractors. Perhaps you should look into it, and try to change the overhead.

osam_autorun_manager.msi (8.0mb)

osam_autorun_manager_sfx.exe (1.8mb)

ospc_privacy_cleaner.msi (9.3mb)

ospc_privacy_cleaner_sfx.exe (3.2mb)

oshe_hosts_editor.msi (7.4mb)

oshe_hosts_editor_sfx.exe (1.4mb)

The NSIS installer got a overhead of only about 10 kb, it is used by Intel, Sun, Google, Adobe, etc.

It's not because of MSI installer's engine. It's because the size of Microsoft's Redistributable Package that is included to full installation package (and excluded from self-extract archives for professionals). If you carefully read a notice on download page, you'll see information and links for additional archive with system libraries or link to site of Microsoft for downloading redistributable package. If you downloading full installation package (MSI), you do not need any additional software and links.

Since they're not open source, I won't test them, but perhaps you can find someone else wiling todo that here on the forums.

Since they're not for Ubuntu... Seems like this :)

Don't have the required skills to usefully test Beta's, but I'll be watching this thread with interest.

The descriptions posted on the website for each application look quite interesting.

Question, Mihail, does the Privacy Cleaner eliminate file references stored in the MFT for files that have been deleted/erased?

Hello Tarq57!

Don't have the required skills to usefully test Beta's, but I'll be watching this thread with interest.

The descriptions posted on the website for each application look quite interesting.

Question, Mihail, does the Privacy Cleaner eliminate file references stored in the MFT for files that have been deleted/erased?

At this moment - no. Also we do nothing with tails of files at the end of file (at "last" disk sector). If once some of the files was changed to smaller size. This is not a wiping software, so it's OK and absolutely normal (but I must say again - only at this moment :) ).