Problems with my XP and IE7

Dognos

Here are the problems I had notated after and during using Dial-A-Fix:

Error 127: c:/windows/system/32/iesetup.dll is not register or file is corrupted. Your version of iesetup is: 7.00.5730.13. Please contact dial-a-fix@DjLizard.net so that an exception can be made for your version of this file.

I also received the same message for the following:

inseng.dllmshtml.dll

msratng.dll

pntfilt.dll

webcheck.dll

Error 0x80004005 unspecified error object corrupted. email dial-a-fix@DjLizard.net with copy of log pane and details about error.

Error 2147467259. while trying to C:\Windows\system32\registermsxml3.dll unspecified error.

All I can tell you is that I was having problems with trying to reinstall my Microsoft Office Outlook (and seemingly will not be able to for what reason I do not understand) and the next thing, I have lost ability to access Internet Explorer 7. I tried to go back to IE6 but it would not allow me to, stating that 7 was still installed even though I had properly removed it. (Dial-A-Fix has me at IE6 again.)

I am able to access my e-mail in Outlook Express but I cannot view the following due to IE not working properly:

-websites sent in e-mails that always came up in IE before.

-any online photos (like you would find in website ads, such as banners, etc.)

When I did have IE7 but it was not working in full function, there were a couple of sites that I could pull up on IE but now at IE6 I am not able to.

I found the following information in System info as well:

files missing under file versions-

-iecont.dll

-iecontlc.dll

not available:

-ieuinit.inf

missing entry:

IEAccessSysInst

What my IE6 gives me is the following in the address bar (even though I am asking for www.MSN.com):

htt;p:/go.Microsoft.com/fwlink?Linkld=69157-Microsoft Internet Explorer

I am also curious if you can answer if this is proper to receive:

I received an e-mail after I registered for Lunarsoft.com and the top of it says:

Registration at Lunarsoft Forums (Lunarsoft Forums) - Unicode (UTF 8)

The Unicode portion -Is that supposed to exist in an e-mail? I do not remember getting that in an e-mail before and am wondering.

I thank you greatly in advance if you can further my ability to claim my computer back. This is making me nuts. I am lucky enough to have Firefox as a browser as well but do like IE for a few various reasons.

----------------------------

I received a message from a good person here that advised me to have one of the people here help me, this is his response:

As you've stated, you're having problems with Internet Explorer 7. This is what most of the errors you are getting are talking about.

The following files you are having trouble with are breaking because they belong to Internet Explorer 7:

iesetup.dll, inseng.dll, mshtml.dll, msrating.dll, pngfilt.dll, webcheck.dll.

msxml3.dll is used by Internet Explorer 7, but the error you just got is actually caused by a bug in msxml3.dll (a Microsoft engineer confirmed that one with me). The second time Dial-a-fix tries to talk to that DLL it will work without error, so it is not of consequence (yet). (Were you able to fix IE 7 and then msxml3 still generated an error in Dial-a-fix, that would not be the same issue as what I am talking about here.)

The "file missing" and "not available" errors in System Info are "by design" (in Microsoft's own words) and can be ignored.

I'm going to be quite busy with my work in the next few days so I may not be able to follow-up on the forums, but I suggest that you private message (name deleted by me) (mentioning my guidance) for explicit step by step instructions on how to do the following things:

1) Kill all explorer and internet explorer processes

2) Replace the files (iesetup.dll through webcheck.dll, written above) from the newest 6.x-series copies that can be found on your system to see if IE 6 can be fixed (running Dial-a-fix all the while to verify that it is getting better)

3) Force Internet Explorer 7 to reinstall fully (which might happen once 6 is fixed) or force Windows Update to work, letting you get the IE 6 patches that might fix IE 6 if #2 above didn't work, and letting you get IE 7 from Windows Update later on.

I e-mailed/messaged that person through this site and this is his response:

If you would be kind enough to post the issue in our Windows XP forum, this way others who frequent our forums can view the errors and help to diagnose your issue. We have many experienced technicians who can also offer advise and believe me, having a second set of eyes is always very helpful for the user who needs assistance!

With this, I am feeling like I am wandering aimlessly. I am not sure how I am to put the issues into words in this forum (other than I have.) Advice anyone???

• Administrator

Thanks for posting this, Dognos.

Do you still have Internet Explorer 7 listed in your Add/Remove programs? If so, have you tried to uninstall IE7 yet?

Yes, more than once.

Will someone be able to address the exact things that Michael had asked that you help me do in the original message?

Just wondering................

Olivia

Thanks for posting this, Dognos.

Do you still have Internet Explorer 7 listed in your Add/Remove programs? If so, have you tried to uninstall IE7 yet?

• Administrator

Just covering all the bases. These things take time to ensure they're done right.

You will need these files:

Download: Internet Explorer 7

Download: Replacer

This is a very lengthy process.

If you use Internet Explorer, you can either print these directions out or use Firefox to view this topic.

Close all open Internet Explorer windows. Verify this by pressing Ctrl Alt Delete and under the Processes tab, make sure there are no iexplorer.exe processes listed.

Rename IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe to IE7.exe

Go to your C: drive and create the folder IE.

Copy the IE7.exe into your C:\IE folder.

Now go to Start, Run, and type cmd

In the command prompt that you just opened, type cd C:\IE

Next, type IE7.exe /x

A small window will appear asking you where you want to extract the files to. Enter C:\IE\IE7

Now open the C:\IE\IE7 folder and copy these files to your C:\IE directory:

iesetup.dll, inseng.dll, mshtml.dll, msrating.dll, pngfilt.dll, webcheck.dll

Unzip and run Replacer.

Open a new windows and navigate to C:\Windows\System32

Replacer will ask for the original file and then the file you are replacing it with.

So you will drag the file from C:\Windows\System32\iesetup.dll onto the replacer window first. Next you will drag the file from C:\IE\iesetup.dll onto the Replacer window. You will repeat this for each file. So the next file would be C:\Windows\System32\inseng.dll and you'd replace it with C:\IE\inseng.dll.

After you've replaced all of those, restart your computer and the issues should be resolved.

Thank you for your prompt response Tarun.

I will be attempting this tomorrow when I have had a good night's sleep behind me. I did check under the processes tab and the only listing close to the iexplorer.exe is explorer.exe. I am assuming that it is not the same because it does not possese the letter "i" at the begining. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

Again, thank you and I am crossing my fingers that this will remedy much if not all my issues. I have tried everything I could and was thinking I would be tearing my hair out soon.

Just covering all the bases. These things take time to ensure they're done right.

You will need these files:

download.png Download: Internet Explorer 7

download.png Download: Replacer

This is a very lengthy process.

If you use Internet Explorer, you can either print these directions out or use Firefox to view this topic.

Close all open Internet Explorer windows. Verify this by pressing Ctrl Alt Delete and under the Processes tab, make sure there are no iexplorer.exe processes listed.

Rename IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe to IE7.exe

Go to your C: drive and create the folder IE.

Copy the IE7.exe into your C:\IE folder.

Now go to Start, Run, and type cmd

In the command prompt that you just opened, type cd C:\IE

Next, type IE7.exe /x

A small window will appear asking you where you want to extract the files to. Enter C:\IE\IE7

Now open the C:\IE\IE7 folder and copy these files to your C:\IE directory:

iesetup.dll, inseng.dll, mshtml.dll, msrating.dll, pngfilt.dll, webcheck.dll

Unzip and run Replacer.

Open a new windows and navigate to C:\Windows\System32

Replacer will ask for the original file and then the file you are replacing it with.

So you will drag the file from C:\Windows\System32\iesetup.dll onto the replacer window first. Next you will drag the file from C:\IE\iesetup.dll onto the Replacer window. You will repeat this for each file. So the next file would be C:\Windows\System32\inseng.dll and you'd replace it with C:\IE\inseng.dll.

After you've replaced all of those, restart your computer and the issues should be resolved.

I did the process as directed Tarun and it seems to be the same. I followed your process information to the letter and have ran Dial-A-Fix as originally advised to me (more than once.)

I find that I still get only a few websites that will come up in Windows IE/MSN IE. This is so frustrating for me. I am very careful with my computer to try to avoid these problems.

I ran the unregistered version of Registry Fix and have the log from that if that would help in any way as to what is missing (which seems to be a lot.)

Any other suggestions before I go bald (although bald women are not as unstylish as before--just kidding!)

Olivia

You are correct.

iexplore.exe is Internet Explorer

explorer.exe is the Windows Explorer (your taskbar, etc)

Error 0x80004005 unspecified error object corrupted. email dial-a-fix@DjLizard.net with copy of log pane and details about error.

Error 2147467259. while trying to C:\Windows\system32\registermsxml3.dll unspecified error.

Both of those are "access denied" error codes (for whatever reason) - assuming the account you're using is the Administrator account?

Honestly, at this point (especially if you're back at IE6) I would STRONGLY suggest doing a repair installation, and then quickly install SP3 and potentially remove and reinstall Office as well. You may or may not be able to fix it without the repair, but knowing all of your files are matched (and the latest, after installing SP3) will help greatly in getting IE7 fixed. I've not seen it blow up like this in a while, but I have seen the errors you speak of on the files you listed before, and it comes back to permissions (less likely) or mismatched files elsewhere on the system (much more likely).

Thank you for your message.

I am back at IE7 but can put it back to IE6, no problem. My question is, where do I access the repair installation and then SP3 and whatever else I need.

I am the one and only one on this computer/account for my computer. My husband's computer is working fine. This has been making me nuts. I understand somewhat of what you speak about the permissions, etc and thank you immensely for addressing this.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions/advice.

Olivia

Both of those are "access denied" error codes (for whatever reason) - assuming the account you're using is the Administrator account?

Honestly, at this point (especially if you're back at IE6) I would STRONGLY suggest doing a repair installation, and then quickly install SP3 and potentially remove and reinstall Office as well. You may or may not be able to fix it without the repair, but knowing all of your files are matched (and the latest, after installing SP3) will help greatly in getting IE7 fixed. I've not seen it blow up like this in a while, but I have seen the errors you speak of on the files you listed before, and it comes back to permissions (less likely) or mismatched files elsewhere on the system (much more likely).

Archived