introduction

greetings everyone. i guess you can say im a transplant from the ccleaner site. i dont have that much a computer knowledge but i hope to gain some by being active in these forums. so bare with me if i ever ask question that may seem basic.

maybe one day i'll actually contribute advice to someone in these forums. cheers

WELCOME MP_handler, and no worries, these people here will take good care of you!  Believe me, I've asked some really silly questions but that's how we learn. :hello:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im glad to hear that. i've posted some simple questions before in other sites that were pretty much made fun of. i say whatever. we all have to start somewhere

im glad to hear that. i've posted some simple questions before in other sites that were pretty much made fun of. i say whatever. we all have to start somewhere

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

G'day MP_handler,

it's usually the simple questions that get the most helpful responses, and this also includes what some people call 'silly questions'.

The only really silly question is the ones you don't ask for fear of being ridiculed and from what I've seen of these forums no-one is thrown into that boat as all questions are answered quickly and with respect to the poster.

I can say this with confidence as I've asked a few 'silly' questions and it's obvious that the more knowledgeable folk here are in tune with that some of us are only novices when it comes to PC related issues/questions. Kudos to the Lunarsoft Team.

And welcome aboard.

Cheers :hello:

WELCOME MP_handler, and no worries, these people here will take good care of you!  Believe me, I've asked some really silly questions but that's how we learn. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No worries here brother. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Welcome! :hello:

Welcome aboard MP_handler. If you have a simple question about your computer, go right ahead and ask it. Most of us here are simple minded so we should be able to help. :hello:

BTW, your avatar, is that your dog. I ask cause my sister and her husband run bloodhounds for our local Sheriff's department.

Welcome aboard MP_handler. If you have a simple question about your computer, go right ahead and ask it. Most of us here are simple minded so we should be able to help. :hello:

BTW, your avatar, is that your dog. I ask cause my sister and her husband run bloodhounds for our local Sheriff's department.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yup, thats my drug sniffing partner. we have been paired up for just about 2 years now. he's also trained in aggression/personal protection. he's probably the best partner any cop could have.

yup, thats my drug sniffing partner. we have been paired up for just about 2 years now. he's also trained in aggression/personal protection. he's probably the best partner any cop could have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

10-4 to that. My sister owns 5 bloods that they train for scent-specific tracking. They have worked a lot of break-ins, missing persons, and drownings.

A few years ago, they were called out on a drug raid. After the locals had secured the house and hauled everyone off, a guy gets out of a car a few doors down and heads for the dope house. When he gets close to the house, he sees all the cops and freaks. Instead of running to his car, he ran to another house where there was a large black woman and some kids on the porch watching the fun. They don't know if he intended to run in the house and hide or just run out the back door cause he never got the chance. As he came up the steps, the woman hit him and knocked his a** out into the yard. :D He ran between the houses and they lost him. The locals called my sister and her husband to bring the bloodhound in for a track. The dog hit on a strong trail behind the house near some woods and started acting like the guy was close so John calls out,"'Show yourself or I'll release the dog". He let the dog free and she ran about 30 yards and stopped in some tall grass and starts bouncing up and down. They don't know what's wrong with her so they start to close in. My sister gets there first and sees the guy laying on the ground with his arm tangled up in his shirt that he was trying to take off and this 120lb. bloodhound is standing on his back bouncing her front feet on the guy's shoulders. :hello: The guy is scared to death that the dog is going to bite him and my sis walks up, puts a foot on his neck, and tells him that if he moves she'll blow his f*****g head off. They said the guy didn't stop shaking for 2 days.

10-4 to that. My sister owns 5 bloods that they train for scent-specific tracking. They have worked a lot of break-ins, missing persons, and drownings.

A few years ago, they were called out on a drug raid. After the locals had secured the house and hauled everyone off, a guy gets out of a car a few doors down and heads for the dope house. When he gets close to the house, he sees all the cops and freaks. Instead of running to his car, he ran to another house where there was a large black woman and some kids on the porch watching the fun. They don't know if he intended to run in the house and hide or just run out the back door cause he never got the chance. As he came up the steps, the woman hit him and knocked his a** out into the yard. :D   He ran between the houses and they lost him. The locals called my sister and her husband to bring the bloodhound in for a track. The dog hit on a strong trail behind the house near some woods and started acting like the guy was close so John calls out,"'Show yourself or I'll release the dog".  He let the dog free and she ran about 30 yards and stopped in some tall grass and starts bouncing up and down. They don't know what's wrong with her so they start to close in. My sister gets there first and sees the guy laying on the ground with his arm tangled up in his shirt that he was trying to take off and this 120lb. bloodhound is standing on his back bouncing her front feet on the guy's shoulders. :hello:   The guy is scared to death that the dog is going to bite him and my sis walks up, puts a foot on his neck, and tells him that if he moves she'll blow his f*****g head off. They said the guy didn't stop shaking for 2 days.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i can relate to that in more ways then one. since i have a multi-trained dog im envolved with all aspects of the law. and becouse of that im on call 24/7 and always busy. we assist all the local jurisdictions

i can relate to that in more ways then one. since i have a multi-trained dog im envolved with all aspects of the law. and becouse of that im on call 24/7 and always busy. we assist all the local jurisdictions

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here. My sis and her hubby have gone out on calls in most of the counties in northwest Tenn. For the last 6 years, they have been attending a annual tracking dog seminar in Texas. Two years ago, the people that host the seminar asked them to be instructors.

I help train their dogs, when I have the time, and they are incredible. A couple of years ago, a guy broke into a small country store and stole some beer and smokes. They tracked him to a relative's house but the guy had skipped town. My sis put a 4X4 sterile pad on one of his footprints to pick up the scent. She sealed the pad in a plastic bag, marked it, and put it in the freezer. Three months later, a investigator from the SO called and said the guy had been picked up for speeding and asked if she could bring in the dog and the pad. The **** dog sniffed the pad and picked the guy out of a line-up. He confessed to the break-in. :hello:

• 4 weeks later...

MP Handler,

By any chance that would be Lakewood,Washington STATE?

I was around Kirkland and Bellvue Washington in the 1980's and I liked it around there...

BTW I have a retired Police Dog from Houston , Texas..Baby is her name and by no means is she a baby...She is 14 years old now and her pedigree is blue heeler and Chow..Don't ask how I got her .......She sticks to me like super glue and still has the killer instinct...She is mellowing out in her retirement years though....

yup..lakewood, washington. i have been here for a couple years now. i'm originally from L.A. it's great up here but the winters are sometimes bad with all the rain we get

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, I remember the Snoqualamine Pass (spelling) outside of Seattle was always closed during the winter....Brutal Winters ....I have had all the snow and ice I can handle for one lifetime so I moved to New Mexico ...It snows here but it doesn't stay on the ground longer than a day...Awesome ..Hey...The mountains , the desert , just an overall pleasant climate year round....Windy though...

Like your dog patner.....German Shepard...Excellent companion....