ZoneAlarm ForceField

ZoneAlarm ForceField's Virtual Browsing - Places a protective shield which surrounds your web browser.

It creates a temporary clone of your browser so that anything you do on the web runs within its protective barrier

Currently ZoneAlarm ForceField works with Internet Explorer, Firefox 2 and the recently released Firefox 3 Beta

Features include the following,

Blocks unauthorized downloads and malicious software installations

Protects your identity by blocking phishers and stopping keyloggers

Browse the internet in complete privacy erases all cache, cookies, history and passwords

Run it with your existing security software it's fast, lightweight, and easy to use, for more information go to http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/cat...u_list_zaff.jsp

Hey, sounds nice in theory.... HOWEVER...

• Loaded it up and it's a huge RAM hog. Sucks up all available RAM to start, sucks up all available RAM when launching the 'protected browser' and when doing any changes.
  • Pages are slow to load in protected mode.
  • And provided false information (perhaps -- see screenshot)

Needless to say, it's now gone from my system for the time being.

Cheers :wave:

post-35-1211175369_thumb.png

Well, went to uninstall this thing and it screwed with my system. It closed down the Samurize widget that I'm running and hung my system for 3 minutes.

It also for some unknown reason installed a second 'Show Desktop' button on my quick launch bar.

Was about to force a hard shutdown, but finally came back. But it did NOT uninstall (this was from the Programs List).

Finally got rid of it through the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.

From my point of view I'm now going to avoid this like the plague. Gets a HUGE 3 thumbs DOWN from me.

Cheers :wave: