?'s about firefox

Monkey Proof

i know tarun and others recomend firefox. im not to convinced yet. i just briefly visited the firefox home page and i have some questions now. if anybody can break it down for me, please.

1. how much safer is it compared to ie

2. will i get less spyware/adware if using firefox

3. how easy is it to switch from ie to firefox

4. are there any known issues or bugs with firefox

5. will my computer be more suspectable to attacks using firefox since its all new

6. will i get a better performance with firefox compared to ie

7. will there be any compatability issues with my current anti-virus software

im currently using symantic anti-virus/firewall

i know tarun and others recomend firefox. im not to convinced yet. i just briefly visited the firefox home page and i have some questions now. if anybody can break it down for me, please.

1. how much safer is it compared to ie

2. will i get less spyware/adware if using firefox

3. how easy is it to switch from ie to firefox

4. are there any known issues or bugs with firefox

5. will my computer be more suspectable to attacks using firefox since its all new

6. will i get a better performance with firefox compared to ie

7. will there be any compatability issues with my current anti-virus software

im currently using symantic anti-virus/firewall

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, i can help you out.

1. Much safer, mostly because firefox doesnt support active x controls, which is the leading vunerbility that viruses exploit.

2. A lot less spyware//adware, FF automatically blocks popups, so you will never be tricked into downloading malicious software, also, you should never really get spyware if you are downloading from a trusted source.

3. When you install FF, it actually lets you import all of your favorites into FF, and other settings you like.

4. No critical ones at the moment, the FF team releases updates almost instantly when a problem arrises, and it only takes about a minute to download and install the new version.

5. No, it is actually less susecptable because less people use it compared to IE, so virus makers are still programing to infect a IE browser.

6. FF is much faster, especially if you have the right extensions, Adblock, and Firetune help a ton, i get almost instantanious web page loads.

7. No, no compatiblity issues at all. ( I am also using Symantic)

**8. Not to mention all the nice skins and extensions you can use!!! It really is amazing

Edit: If your looking for some nice exensions, i just made a new thread inspired by your question

http://www.Lunarsoft.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=286

ok, im still deciding on fire fox. im wondering if anybody can post something for firefox newbies on how to set up firefox..theres alot of addons and stuff that i just dont understand

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude, the glory of FF is that the installation is automatic. It gives you simple choices, usually you will be picking the positive answer (yes, confirm, next). Just download it, install it and give it a whirl. If you like what you see, go to the thread i linked to in my first post and follow rridgelys link to firetune. Then after about a month, when you feel comfortable, come back to this thread, and read the plugins and descriptions. Out of those, find ones that seem most usefull to your needs.

)corjello(