ZoneAlarm update messed up my computer

My computer updated Firefox and Zone Alarm in the same day. Was previously having to shut down ZA to get on internet. Now everything is screwed up. Tried dial-a-fix which says Error -2147023824 encountered while trying to register Windows\system32\wuaueng.dll - Also my computer will not shut down now. Absolutely NO internet. Word messes up and lots of applications seem to get hung. I am trying to research problems one by one. I am retired and taking classes to learn more about fixing my computer-still in learning stage and trying to put all info received in my poor muddled brain together. Any advice is welcome!

• Administrator

Welcome to Lunarsoft!

You may want to start by uninstalling ZoneAlarm and running Windows Updates. ZoneAlarm had an issue that conflicted with a Windows Update. In all honesty, ZoneAlarm is a horrible firewall. I'd recommend using Comodo Firewall. :yay:

• 2 months later...

My computer updated Firefox and Zone Alarm in the same day. Was previously having to shut down ZA to get on internet. Now everything is screwed up. Tried dial-a-fix which says Error -2147023824 encountered while trying to register Windows\system32\wuaueng.dll - Also my computer will not shut down now. Absolutely NO internet. Word messes up and lots of applications seem to get hung. I am trying to research problems one by one. I am retired and taking classes to learn more about fixing my computer-still in learning stage and trying to put all info received in my poor muddled brain together. Any advice is welcome!

Try to do a system restore first, Press F8 on start, selct safe mode, select " no and go back a week. Then after its done, unistall ZA ,its crap like Tarun said. Run your scans, then install Comodo and watch what it asks you. ok. Hope this helps.

Regards

Caveman