What Marcin at Malwarebytes' told me re RogueRemover FREE

Hi. I felt so fortunate the other day when I ran across this Lunarsoft Wiki page:

https://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/PC_Cleanup

You had come to so many of the same conclusions that I had come to for getting rid of malware:

http://members.aol.com/catholicanew/helpse...yremoval001.htm

I hadn't heard of RogueRemover FREE until I read the above Lunarsoft page, and I installed it today and think it's a neat little program.

You may already know that Malwarebytes.org no longer updates RogueRemover FREE, but just in case, I wanted to pass on to you what Marcin at Malwarebytes confirmed via e-mail to me:

I e-mailed Marcin:

Could you please tell me if the following is true? It's a portion of an otherwise positive review I found on the Internet. "The developer's Web site claims that the program runs under Windows Vista, but on our machine, it refused to install properly, and would not run. It did run under Windows XP. However, the vendor has ceased supporting this product, so use it at your own risk."

Marcin e-mailed back:

That is correct, we do not update that product. We only update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

I e-mailed Marcin:

1) Which would you recommend running FIRST if one knew one had malware -- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or RogueRemover Free?

2) And, if one ran Malwarebytes' would there be any point to also running RogueRemover Free?

Marcin e-mailed back:

1. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

2. No, RogueRemover technology is embedded inside Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Despite what Marcin said, do you still recommending running RogueRemover Free as step #1?

Thanks. :jump:

• Administrator

I've seen RogueRemover find things that MBAM will miss completely. In fact, just the other day I was testing some malware and RogueRemover found it while MBAM didn't. I've notified them before about what it found but MBAM still doesn't detect it.

I've noticed it's been a while since it was updated and have considered phasing it out. I really don't think the development should be stopped though. Perhaps he will give the code and all of it to fredvries who came up with the program. :jump:

Thanks for your feedback. Rogue Remover lists in its data base the three trojans that I had before I knew about Rogue Remover, so if I ever get another infection, I'll try it.

I hope with you that they decide to continue to develop Rogue Remover. No need to reply unless you have something to add. I just wanted to say thanks. Your thoughts helped. :jump:

Post Options

Enable emoticons?