ps2 sockets for keyboards and mice

David777

I lost my keyboard and mouse Ps2 connectivity so had to switch to USBs. I've seen many a dead Ps2 socket over the years and intermitants as well. Is this usually a hardware of software problem, is there a simpler solution than re-installing windows?

I don't know, I've never seen a dead PS/2 socket.

I think I've heard though, that if you plug-in/plug-out keyboard/mouse from the PS/2 socket without shutdown computer, it can damage it.

Eitherway, PS/2 is old legacy ports from the first IBM PC computers. Although, they've been shrinked from DIN to Mini-DIN.

Just use USB instead. All motherboards these days have USB, and all keyboards and mice nowadays come as USB by default.

Just use USB instead. That is what I do...

• 4 weeks later...

I lost my keyboard and mouse Ps2 connectivity so had to switch to USBs. I've seen many a dead Ps2 socket over the years and intermitants as well. Is this usually a hardware of software problem, is there a simpler solution than re-installing windows?

Thanks but I found out it was a software problem, reinstalled Windows and fixed..

hello

Archived