Two Little Annoyances - Help?

My first annoyance, is a problem with WLM. The majority of the time, when I right-click on the icon in the notification area and click exit, this happens:

t444_Untitled.jpg

The only way to get rid of this is to click show desktop, but even then, the icon in the notification area always remains behind, even on the odd occasion when the title bar doesn't pop up, it always remains there, and then disappears when I move my mouse over it. Any explanations? I use A-Patch with WLM, in case you need to know.

My second problem, which only started happening about a week ago, is that firefox windows (not main windows, but those that pop-up into little boxes but not a tab), don't close after the first click of the cross. It takes many multiple clicks for them to close.

If anyone can help me to solve these annoying problems, I would much appreciate it.

• Administrator

For the first issue have you tried a Repair Install?

For the second issue, try Safe Mode and see if it occurs. If it does not it's an issue with an extension or plugin. If it still happens it could be a problem elsewhere in Firefox and may require a clean install.

For the first issue have you tried a Repair Install?

How do I go about doing that?

For the second issue, try Safe Mode and see if it occurs. If it does not it's an issue with an extension or plugin. If it still happens it could be a problem elsewhere in Firefox and may require a clean install.

Odd. This problem isn't occurring anymore as far as I can tell...