Windows Live Mail

rridgely

I'm not sure how many of you already know about this program but its basically microsofts new free email client. Here is a link:

http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Its not even closely related to outlook express(meaning it doesn't suck).

Its got a great interface and is easy to configure. It does everything you would want an email client to do. Here is what I really like about it though: free pop access to live.com email(new hotmail). Whats really cool though is that it syncs with live in a way that however you change your mail on the site or in the client it knows. So you get the benefit of webmail(same wherever you log in) with the benefit of having a dedicated client when your on your own machine.

The new hotmail is pretty good(its no longer called hotmail so there is a plus there) but the thing has been completely overhauled and I would say it rivals gmail. ;) Plus since @live.com is sort of new you can get the email address you want without having to add tons of numbers(I did anyway. ;) )

I like the idea of webmail because I have so many computers but I much prefer using a dedicated client. With this I'm basically using webmail through a client if that makes sense. I think this program is literally logging you into live/hotmail when you use it and instantly making changes. But you can also use this client with other emails too(gmail, ISP, whatever).