Need help with email

Monkey Proof

ok, i keep getting the same error code..i need a break from this.

i have to give you some kudos..thanks for being patient with me on this. i know for a fact i would have gotting some major flak if i was trying this on some of the other forums i used to visit.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have both outlooks, i thought maybe setting up the express would be easier to do. i never used either outlooks before, i was just playing around with them. if i cant get yahoo to work with outlook i'm going to see about getting rid of it if its possible. i have regular yahoo. i see no need in paying for a premium service, i'm just cheap like that. what i really need to do is set up that gmail tarun sent me.

Sounds to me like it is actually a problem with outlook, surely the same mistake couldn't have been made setting up outlook for gmail as was made when setting up outlook for yahoo.

I say this because both times email could be sent but not received.

This is something that used to happen to me a lot years ago and always cured itself when updating outlook express.

I now think this would be a good time to give thunderbird a try, as it might cure everything.

Maybe, but my latest yahoo account was only set up recently, I can't see why they would let UK users have pop access and not US users, when the service originated in the US.

Btw,

I have Thunderbird set up to check my isp account,

my gmail account,

& 4 yahoo accounts.

All can send and receive.

Outlook Express is still set up to check my isp account,

3 yahoo accounts,

and my hotmail account.

All can send and receive as well.

Here's some quick instructions from Tarun.

Gmail setup

Cheers :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blah!!!!!

It's now official, I'm definitely either senile or blind. geek.png

Didn't notice Tarun's previous post.

Note to Tarun: For the life of Criminy put more in your posts so that feeble minds like mine don't skip over the single word posts...... ;)

Even better, I still have the proper gmail address thanks to you sending me an invite before that deadline.

I think that little no name company should give up now, they are just trying to jump on the bandwagon.

I hope google wins, they deserve to for everything they have given to computer users.

i have everything exactly..samething tho. i am able to send gmail with outlook but not able to use the outlook inbox. one of the error messages in saying it cannot find ssl port, could this have to do with firewall settings?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just bumping this a bit for MP.

• Administrator

Blah!!!!!

It's now official, I'm definitely either senile or blind.

Didn't notice Tarun's previous post.

Note to Tarun:  For the life of Criminy put more in your posts so that feeble minds like mine don't skip over the single word posts...... :lol:

Aw, so much for short and sweet? Even when I got quoted by a few people? ;)

Aw, so much for short and sweet?  Even when I got quoted by a few people?  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright, I'll concede the short and sweet.

Just do us feeble minded folk (I'm guessing there's only one at the moment mestupid.png ) a favour and do this to your posts so that we (I) don't miss them......

Use big font please

I'm sure I wouldn't miss it then..... ;)

i have everything exactly..samething tho. i am able to send gmail with outlook but not able to use the outlook inbox. one of the error messages in saying it cannot find ssl port, could this have to do with firewall settings?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this problem still there MP?

This thread has kinda gone off topic a bit.