Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Proof

Question about Norton

after reading djlizards post about norton which i have, how do i view these quarantined logs. when i look through all the log options it shows nothing "quarantined" or "no infected files found" i had norton for a year now and surely by now i shouldve had a trojan or two try and makes its way into my computer but there are no record of anything. more i think about, more worried i'm getting. is there a way to check any kind of log norton keeps that a normal user like me may not know how to check? i recently posted 2 hjt logs which came back clean so thats a little piece of mind there.

I'm guessing it's how you set up the program.

In the past I used to have TrendMicro and the settings were to 'quarantine' if uncleanable. However, everything that TrendMicro found was cleanable and therefore were deleted automagically.

I've also noticed the same with EzTrust, it first 'quarantines' the infected file, cleans it, then deletes it. Therefore, no log file of 'quarantined' items.

The same may be happening with yours, hope that helps somewhat.

Cheers :hug:

thanks for that link to housecall60. the scan showed clean so i'm glad but in a way i was hoping that there was somekind of virus that was preventing me from setting up yahoo.mail on outlook express. i was looking for someting to blame it on :lol:

.....i was looking for someting to blame it on :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm, best guess is the nut behind the steering whe.... errrr....keyboard..... rtfm.png

Just messin' with ya ;)

Cheers :lol:

Hmmm, best guess is the nut behind the steering whe.... errrr....keyboard..... rtfm.png

Just messin' with ya  :lol:

Cheers :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dont worry, i can take it....but you are right. i bet if i let my partner have a go he would get it right.