Questions about site

Hello Tarun,

First let me complement you on the way this site is growing and developing.

As I do not have any of the skills I think you are looking for, may I comment on what I, as a "computer user" as opposed to a computer tech, would like to have here.

A balanced site. One where the techs could get good info and grow in knowledge and people like myself would still feel comfortable and trust in the recommendations that were made.

I would like to think that advising people would give a certain amount of satisfaction to the team you manage to get together, after all what good is wisdom if you don't share it!

All for now

• Administrator

Hello Tarun,

First let me complement you on the way this site is growing and developing.

As I do not have any of the skills I think you are looking for, may I comment on what I, as a "computer user" as opposed to a computer tech, would like to have here.

A balanced site. One where the techs could get good info and grow in knowledge and people like myself would still feel comfortable and trust in the recommendations that were made.

I would like to think that advising people would give a certain amount of satisfaction to the team you manage to get together, after all what good is wisdom if you don't share it!

All for now

What sort of information and things of that nature are you looking for? :D

One of the things I would be looking for would be free software information.

One type for pleasure such as Picasa and Konfabulator, and the other for the more serious things such as virus detection and malware.

It would be helpful if any unusual tech terms in reviews could be underlined and clicked on by people like myself for a brief explaination. This would mean the more experienced user would only have to read the review, and people such as myself would have a better understanding of it.

Perhaps a latest malware alert?

I'm not too keen on the chat room, I'm not sure if the forum is the right place for it, there is enough here without it. ( Just my view!)

I like the "front page " format, it works for me.

These are just a few thoughts, I may add to them from time to time if that's okay.

• Administrator

As I learn more about this portal (it's totally new to me) I'll work on expanding things between my classwork. :)

The news will have catagories and things of that nature, and I'm thinking I may narrow them down to a few catagories. Site related, Software, Hardware. ;)

I have a few reviews that I can post about software that I wrote a while back. My only dilemma is some terms that I'm so used to I may consider already in basic terms, but they're not. (I love having ADD :D )

I do need to take screenshots for the reviews I plan to post, but it's coming. ;)