Welcome to IP.Board 3 - upgrade complete!

• Administrator

The upgrade to IP.Board 3.0 has been completed successfully. If you find any bugs or what you believe may be a bug please report it to us.

These aren't really bugs, but:

1) How come there are different folder icons next to certain discussion boards (a folder for this, quote marks for general)?

2) Is there a Mark all as Read button?

3) I definitely preferred some of the stuff from the previous theme, will things be changing?

• Administrator

1) How come there are different folder icons next to certain discussion boards (a folder for this, quote marks for general)?

3) I definitely preferred some of the stuff from the previous theme, will things be changing?

1. - Category, has subforums (this image means unread)
    - Forum unread, no subforums (this image is also unread)
  2. At the very bottom in the footer.
  3. I can't really answer that question until I know what you preferred from before. What things did you prefer?

I see one problem - no link to "view latest post" when you do "view new content". Minor nit-pick.

It actually functions the same as what 2.x had if I'm understanding you. View New Content is the new View New Posts. If you've already read a topic it'll jump you to the first post in the thread properly.

Edit: Some of the forum modifications we used in the past have been updated for 3.0 and are back!

Edited by Tarun

1. f_cat_unread.png - Category, has subforums (this image means unread)
    f_unread.png - Forum unread, no subforums (this image is also unread)
  2. At the very bottom in the footer.
  3. I can't really answer that question until I know what you preferred from before. What things did you prefer?

Thanks for the reply, I suppose the third question is void given that you've answered the above two!

• Administrator

Greenknight, Ultimate Predator, since you two have been the first two reply here I'd like to ask you if you two think the IP.B3 theme that was on when we were still on 2.3 helped for the transition?

Greenknight, Ultimate Predator,since you two have been the first two reply here I'd like to ask you if you two think the IP.B3 theme that was on when we were still on 2.3 helped for the transition?

It certanily helped. The more I look at this, the only difference I can see from before was the board images, but now I understand them, not an issue. So yes, well worth it.

It was definitely worthwhile putting up the new theme preview, although there a number of things that work differently in the "real" v3 (Fast Reply, for example).

Installation of v3 seems to have reset the read/unread flag on all topics, so that "View New Content" produced a 122-page listing of the entire board. Clicking "Mark Board as Read" (bottom of main page) soon solved that...

Can't say I totally understand the way it works now. For instance, this thread doesn't come up under "View New Content", but does in "Today's Active Content". The "Fedora Linux 11" thread appears in both lists, though.

I agree. I don't understand either.

On logging in today, "View new content" has again reverted to giving me "3001 new entries" (121 pages) which can't be right.

The board doesn't seem to be able to remember what I've already read.

• Administrator

I too am still learning how everything works, though from what I can tell a lot has improved.

There have been a few issues that I've found and submitted to the IP.Board team to be resolved in the next release. It should improve. :D