View New Content

• Administrator

I believe they now have two different methods for tracking read topics. Through SQL and though cookies. Since so much changed with 3.0 I can understand why it has been set to all unread. Simply mark them as all read (bottom of board) and then click Today's Active Content to catch up.

• Administrator

Have you tried it again recently, James? If it doesn't resolve I'll need to get a lot of your information (browser, OS, things like that) so I can see if it's a common issue with Invision.

Only just seen your question now, due to the Board issues.

Clicking the "View New Content" (on the fron page at the top, in the board panel) just now still gave nearly 3000 topics and "Mark Board as Read" (bottom of front page) only works until I log-off.

On the other hand, if I open up an individual Category/Forum (such as "Backpage News") and click "Mark this forum as read" (top-right) that works as it always used to (=as I expect it to) and is remembered between sessions.

I see there is due to be a change to View New Content behaviour in the 3.0.1 update -- see my question in the announcements forum (Here).

• 4 weeks later...

An update:

The Board update to 3.0.1 fixed all of my problems, except for one: if I click "Mark Board As Read" (at the bottom of the main page) everything is fine. However, if I open an individual forum and click "(Mark this forum as read)" at the top-right that does not seem to be remembered.

Aayone else find the same?