Okay, remember - please be patient with me, I'm not the most computer literate person in the world, lol.

I just got an HP Mini 311-1037NR Netbook:

Processor: 1.6GHz

System Memory: 2 GB RAM

Storage Hard Drive: 160 GB

This is to be used when traveling - for email, surfing the net, and occasionally creating documents. I don't want to overload it, and I want to know if it can support Office Home/Business and itunes without slowing it down.

Also, I'd like to get an external and very portable DVD/CD drive and have absolutely no clue what I need to look for or what brand is a good one to buy - any suggestions/tips would be appreciated.

One other thing, I have an external hard drive that I use for backup for my laptop - I need to get a separate one to use for the netbook, right?

After this I have some laptop questions which I will post in another thread, haha. Thank you!

• Administrator

What OS will it be running? Assuming Windows 7 it should be okay. Also, what is the processor make, etc. (Such as Intel Dual Core)

As far as CD/DVD drives, I'd check Newegg for a top rated yet affordable portable drive as I'm honestly not sure of a name brand to recommend.

This is to be used when traveling - for email, surfing the net, and occasionally creating documents. I don't want to overload it, and I want to know if it can support Office Home/Business and itunes without slowing it down.

I can see it working absolutely fine really, just like Tarun said.

One other thing, I have an external hard drive that I use for backup for my laptop - I need to get a separate one to use for the netbook, right?

I use one external hard drive on multiple computers, I even use it for backing up the computers that I am working on for people. As long as it is big enough to handle the backups from numerous computers then there won't be any problems.