RaProducts' JavaRa 1.16

fredvries

08aug10] JavaRa has been updated to version 1.16 beta

- [added] Many new registry keys for JavaRa to remove

- [added] New system of reading registry keys into the program

- [added] New system of reading languages

- [added] (beta!) x64 support

- [fixed] (beta!) software crashes upon failure to access HOMEDRIVE environment variable

- [fixed] (beta!) Broken jupdate method

More info and download here.

I have been checking-out the new definitions file (for registry cleaning). This version 1.16Beta should, at long last, work with the current version (update 21) of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).

By the way, the Sun JRE is now known as the Oracle JRE, since Oracle took over Sun.

@ Tarun:

The program itself isn't in beta anymore because it is quite stable. The beta epitaph is used here because some fixes and x64 support haven't been tested extensively yet.

@ James_A:

Thanks. We'll add your info with the next release.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

RaProduct's JavaRa has been silently updated to reflect the publication of Oracle's Java JRE 1.6.0.23.

Changes:

- All possible debris up to version 1.6.0.22 is now cleaned by JavaRa

- Streamlined the database (alphabetized it and removed some double entries)

- Added backward cleaning of JRE debris up to JRE 1.3.0

Simply redownload the program here and you're ready to go.

Argh!!

I've been building a new Win7 Ultimate box and when I got the notice of the upgrade, put it on, because I knew that I had a Java update to do. downloaded and deployed JavaRa version 1.16.1.1763.

When it ran, the log that was displayed was empty. There *was* no Javara.log file in the C: root. Google Desktop Search was indexing in real-time, and could not find any log file anywhere on the machine.

The program properly updated Java.

C:\>java -showversion

java version "1.6.0_23"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing)

And the dialog boxes opened as I have become accustomed to. Just no log file or contents.

I inserted a dummy javara.log file into the C: root, and reran a portion of the application. This time, the logfile display showed my dummy file, with no changes.

Being new to Win 7, having skipped Vista entirely, did I set something up wrong or what?

Thanks,

/s/ Bezantsoft

Archived