No User Accounts / XP3 Reinstall and IE-8 Removal Install Disasters

Dasha

Hi Guy's, :P I have a some Basic Question's (4) with a whole Lot of Issues attached? They are sooo Numerous that I have inserted a History of them in a Word Doc as an "attachment" called "Too Many to Mention"! I have got to a point after being helped By some terrific people over on another forum where this all started that I have been advised to Run "Dial a Fix" And to read this Forum etc First. It's all about The Order of doing things before or after Dial a Fix/ Reinstall Xp3 Remove IE8 and The issue of Lost "User Groups" in The My Comp/Rht Click/ Manage TreeIt's missing. :)

I will type in here the questions I have before BEFORE I run Dialafix Many Thanks If You can help can you please detail you solution's I have trouble following the Computer Language Cheers Dasha :D

In “Tech Arena Forums” I Googled to get help when I could not find the “Local User Groups” in the Tree in: /My Computer/Right Click /Manage/ So should I create a new “Local user consol” as described below: Start / Run / mmc / Ok/ (see below) and what about all the File’s etc in the Original mess will they shift over and will in affect my settings for My ISP Internode and ATA VoiP Router

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/364720.htm

Or shall I just Name Go to User accounts in Control Panel/Leave Administrator and Go to Owner and re Name it as Dasha’sComp/then drag and drop all the files from the other user accounts into Dasha’sComp and delete them all except: Dasha’sComp

Should I Do the “Dial a Fix” thing before the Above Or After ?

I know I must remove IE-8 before?

Should I reinstall XP3 Before or After That?

==========

2003 – Dell Inspiron Desk Top with LCD 20" Screen, Intel Pentium 4 CPU, 2.80 Gig (75 % ) Un - used + 512 Meg Ram with Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller’ and Running MS Windows XP 3 Pro & MS Office 2007! and MS Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. I am connected to Internode ADSL- 512- 246 5 Gig Internode B/Band “Uniden Dig 5.8GHz Cordless Phone (2) Handsets and Base (connected into the Linksys 3102 and ADSL Internode next to the Desktop) and to ‘MyNetFone VoiP’ Via a “Linksys 3102 Gateway ATA Voip Router” and a [Nov-2009 D-Link 502 T ] Modem

• Administrator

Let's see if we can clarify with a short summary of issues you have now and get this all fixed one problem at a time. :P

I see that you said you had a trojan. What programs did you run to remove said trojan? Are you sure you have a clean bill of health? If you'd like us to have a look, I'd recommend looking at our PC Cleanup page and making use of the Anti-Malware Toolkit.

So should I create a new “Local user consol” as described below: ...

NO!

Or shall I just Name Go to User accounts in Control Panel/Leave Administrator and Go to Owner and re Name it as Dasha’sComp/then drag and drop all the files from the other user accounts into Dasha’sComp and delete them all except: Dasha’sComp ...

NO! You will probably lose ALL your data.

I've seen your posts on the other forum as well as the replies, so let's take this one problem at a time, as Tarun says.

• Administrator

I don't see a reason to uninstall IE8 or Windows XP's SP3. I think you may want to run the scans again though. Pick up my Anti-Malware Toolkit and get the Windows XP pack. After that, follow the PC Cleanup directions and post a HiJackThis log in our HijackThis log section. :P

I don't see a reason to uninstall IE8 or Windows XP's SP3. I think you may want to run the scans again though. Pick up my Anti-Malware Toolkit and get the Windows XP pack. After that, follow the PC Cleanup directions and post a HiJackThis log in our HijackThis log section. :)

Okay Cobba Thank you I will get to it ASAP

Do you want me to run Full scans?

I uninstalled XP3 to remove IE8 I don't know if I can reinstall XP3 whilst the IE8 Updates are there? :P

Dasha

I don't see a reason to uninstall IE8 or Windows XP's SP3. I think you may want to run the scans again though. Pick up my Anti-Malware Toolkit and get the Windows XP pack. After that, follow the PC Cleanup directions and post a HiJackThis log in our HijackThis log section. :D

Okay Cobba Thank you I will get to it ASAP

Do you want me to run Full scans?

Tarun just some notes to explain Tool Kit Would not Download MBYTS (Sounds familiar) So reverted to my own copy from last Trojan Drama when I had to Name MBYTES “DoodleDoo” Ran Doodledoo - all Clear” BUT’ I noticed in the Log that it scanned with IT7 ??? I can find nothing about IE7 anywhere? Only IE8 Updates in /Add Remove Programs/ Just Noticed Its picked Up IE8 in Window’s in

I uninstalled XP3 to remove IE8 I don't know if I can reinstall XP3 whilst the IE8 Updates are there? :P

Tarun Just finishing Here you asked what programs I removed the Trojans with basically MBYTES Downloaded and run under another Name (DoodleDoo),MSSE,SUPERAntispy?

Uninstalled XP3 to remove IE8 I don't know if I can reinstall XP3 whilst the IE8 Updates are there? :)

Just a Thought Maybe there is something blocking the DAF Download just Like it stopped MBYTES

I have run the Tool Kit and her is the Result

User Account “Dasha” and Or “Desktop Dell” which is the name I used for this computer when we had a Home network for my wife’s Laptop which has since been removed I think this computer has more “account’s” in it than a Bank?

SUPERAntiSpyware//

Found Trojan.Agent/Gen-Frauder X Two Trojans

Adware. Tracking Cookie X 251

Spy Bot found 1 Trojan “Fraud-....” and removed it.

I am about to go to the Next stage you suggested The Hijack This Forum.

I Still have not Reinstalled XP3 because of IE7 and IE8 is it safe to reinstall XP3 with them there?

Cheers :) Dasha

You can still update to SP3. In fact, I'd recommend doing it ASAP.

Hi Turan well here I am I have installed XP3 took 3 goes but it's there.

I Just Tried to Download "Dial a Fix" to the Desktop again and this is the Response" same error as the Attachment I sent to you then this:

View Last Out Put End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a Zip file, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part Zip file.

Also I tried to Download the Updates that have been waiting "Adobe Reader" No Problem BUT only 1 of TWO Windows updates the other Error Reads

The Following Updates Were Not Installed

Update For Windows XP / KB981793 /

you are Probably Enjoying the weekend so I won't expect an Immediate Reply. Talk soon Dasha :huh:

Have you tried using a program other than Winzip? I'd suggest either Windows default unzip program or 7-zip.

I have used Windows Zip each time also" and had the same response :huh: I'll Download 7-Zip and give it a run. Cheers Tarun Dasha

I have used Windows Zip each time also" and had the same response

I'll Download 7-Zip and give it a run. Cheers Tarun Dasha

Hi Tarun No result on the 7Zip mate same error.

I am getting an error about "Windows IntelliType" not running correctly at start up should I delete it?

Windows XP3 tried to re - install as an update on start-up this morning so I let it run" it Failed! And the "Updates are ready Balloon" is still in the Taskbar but

XP3 is showing in Add Rem Programs but only as a 'Listing' no data etc (Attach)

and its also in the List of “CCleaner Uninstall”

lot’s of new entries as Updates’ in Add Rem Programs! Even the "Win Pro Validation Key" wish I could get my hands on that! PS Tarun I cannot get these attachment to Attach say's "Too Big" or I have used all my space? I reduced em to 25% before save As in Paint? Any clues on how to get them to you? It would save a lot of Typing. There are 8 and they speak a thousand words?

Cheers Tarun Dasha

I believe you can do a repair install of the Intellitype/point software.

Morning Tarun. :huh: Yep and I found the Disc for that. I also discovered that I have “Window’s Home Edition” installed not Professional :D When we had a New HDD installed by a Computer Guy 6 months ago he has Reinstalled the wrong Windows? I remember telling him explicitly it was Windows XP Professional and he should have seen that' but he has installed Home instead?

I am really on the verge of doing a Download-Install of Windows 7 Home" as you will see The Auto Updates Failed again! Nothing but trouble since IE8. They never told anyone about the XP thing until it all went Sour SOOO? I am just wasting the time you could spend with others who can be helped. You have given me more than your best shot" and I greatly appreciate that! Can I just get an opinion on what I can do" only if you want too, if not fine. Please Email Me at removed.

Can I just Download Windows 7 Home Ultimate from the site straight over the top of Windows XP? I have a SansDisc Boot-able 16 Gig USB’ should I store all my word Doc Files and applications from Programs first or just Download and Run the Loader You can Email me if you wish? am I doing the wrong thing? I Value your opinion Tarun. Cheers Mate Dasha

post-1726-053932000 1286746598_thumb.jpg

• Administrator

You would actually need to purchase Windows 7 from a store or order it online from a retailer. If your computer can handle the requirements, Windows 7 is a great step up.

If you like and you feel comfortable with it, you could back up all of your important documents, etc and reinstall Windows XP. With the numerous issues you're having it may be worth it in the long run. Or if you wish, get Windows 7 (but definitely do a clean install for that, not an upgrade).

I know many who say once infected the best thing to do is format, because you never really know if you got rid of all the malware or not.

Ultimately, the decision is yours and no matter what you choose, we'll be here to help. :huh:

You would actually need to purchase Windows 7 from a store or order it online from a retailer. If your computer can handle the requirements, Windows 7 is a great step up.

If you like and you feel comfortable with it, you could back up all of your important documents, etc and reinstall Windows XP. With the numerous issues you're having it may be worth it in the long run. Or if you wish, get Windows 7 (but definitely do a clean install for that, not an upgrade).

I know many who say once infected the best thing to do is format, because you never really know if you got rid of all the malware or not.

Ultimately, the decision is yours and no matter what you choose, we'll be here to help. :huh:

Thanks Tarun for all your Help that's nice to know that your there Cheers Cobba Dasha

• 1 month later...

Archived