Don't let me fall thru the cracks

Where I'm moving to, it's out in the country and I've not owned a HOME phone in a few years and really don't want to. I have a cell phone is all. What, where, etc can I get a CHEAP internet connection. They have satellite out there in the country but no cable. I don't wanna leave.

yeah, but again have to pay for a home phone :(  Don't wanna home phone.  What is satellite like?  And looks like I might have to buy the TV satellite with it.  Grrrrrrrrrrr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG installation, $500.00 and then the monthly is $99.00??? OMG

http://www.skycasters.com/broadband-satell...re/compare.html

my last addy until last november was out in the country-no dsl, cable, etc. i had satellite tv, and dial up internet-blows.

if i got satellite internet, i also had to pay for dial up internet-dial up to receive the signal, satellite to shoot it up-or vise versa, i cant remember. anyho, it was 50/month for satellite, and 15 for dial up- so i said f it, and sold the acreage and moved into the city. :realmad:

my last addy until last november was out in the country-no dsl, cable, etc.  i had satellite tv, and dial up internet-blows. 

if i got satellite internet, i also had to pay for dial up internet-dial up to receive the signal, satellite to shoot it up-or vise versa, i cant remember.  anyho, it was 50/month for satellite, and 15 for dial up- so i said f it, and sold the acreage and moved into the city.  :realmad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMAO Lord!!! You have to have a phone to get satellite too? I just don't flipping get that.

I can understand, but I've been trying to get out in the middle of nowhere for some time. And when I can, (hopefully by middle of next year) I plan on building me a log cabin WAY outside of town. I just get tired of wondering who is gonna run over my dog, or my Grandson, or who is gonna do something to my car or home. I've pretty much had it with humans too.

I'm going to call around tomorrow and see if they have DSL out there. But looking at it, you have to have a PHONE, then DSL and here, ya gonna spend about $100 a month anyway ya look at it :(

don't think your in any sort of luck in this situation.

1. as mentioned in here, you have to have a Telephone line to send the data, for Satelite.

2. Cable you would need to pay for the cable line to be sent out to your house if you're more then 5 miles away from a city.. (last time i heard.. i could be wrong)

3. DSL/Dialup would be your best bet as phone lines are probably already sent out to your house, but you don't want a phone line..

can't think of any alternatives... why don't you want/use a phone.. and having a phone subscription isn't too expensive, we used to pay like $15 for our main phone per month (minus calls, and longdistance.. etc..) and $9 per month for our dialup phone line. and 29.95 for AOL unlimted dial up.

don't think your in any sort of luck in this situation.

1. as mentioned in here, you have to have a Telephone line to send the data, for Satelite.

2. Cable you would need to pay for the cable line to be sent out to your house if you're more then 5 miles away from a city.. (last time i heard.. i could be wrong)

3. DSL/Dialup would be your best bet as phone lines are probably already sent out to your house, but you don't want a phone line..

can't think of any alternatives... why don't you want/use a phone.. and having a phone subscription isn't too expensive, we used to pay like $15 for our main phone per month (minus calls, and longdistance.. etc..) and $9 per month for our dialup phone line. and 29.95 for AOL unlimted dial up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think DSL would be fine, dial up sucks, or I'm just spoiled LOL I just got rid of a home phone line, cuz it was just an extra expense. BUT....I'll do just about anything to stay on line now. ;) LOL I may be out of the loop tho at least until Feb. I'm good to go here, until the 1st Of Jan.

Thanks all for your help :lol: :realmad:

I think DSL would be fine, dial up sucks, or I'm just spoiled LOL  I just got rid of a home phone line, cuz it was just an extra expense.  BUT....I'll do just about anything to stay on line now. :) LOL I may be out of the loop tho at least until Feb. I'm good to go here, until the 1st Of Jan. 

Thanks all for your help :lol:   :realmad:

good to hear ;)

its like this around my house if the internet goes down..

2 minutes without internet

good to hear :lol:

its like this around my house if the internet goes down..

2 minutes without internet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl.gif OMG BiO, I'm gonna CRY :realmad: if I don't have it out there. LOL WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That was GREAT!!! *sniffling and blowing nose* *HOOOOONK*

I don't wanna feel that way, Hell, I'm just sweatin thinking about it. I've had internet for 9 years now.

:realmad: I'd miss ya'll terribly too. :( I gotta get something. This will be the determining factor of where I'll end up building my house when that time comes too. I just can't believe there isn't something out there. I didn't have time to check it out today tho. I will soon. Dang, I start work Monday. Well, I'll figure it out. Just GOTTA happen. I don't wanna spend my whole week-ends at a Library or something LMAO