Roxio Media Manager

JOE

For the last 3 months I have Roxio Media Manager keeps trying to install. It says unable to find a certificate. I went through the registry and eliminated all roxio lines and it still tries to load. Any help would be appreciated.

problem is that it came installed in the computer and that is an old version - i have a new version but i am scared to install it cause it took hours to delete every roxio from the register???

Thank you

This is a known problem listed in the Roxio Knowledge Base

Issue

When installing Roxio software, you receive the error:

Unable to find a certificate file

And cannot continue the installation.

Cause

You may have a preexisting copy of Roxio software that you purchased or from a hardware manufacturer, such as a DVD burner or computer that is conflicting with the installation of the new software.

Resolution

You will need to perform a clean installation of the software to eliminate any previous versions of the software.

A complete list of uninstall articles can be found here for all our versions and on supported operating systems.

The link under the word "here" is: http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?q=complete%20uninstall

• 5 months later...

This was a suggestion - I did it all- no luck - BUT I am not sure how to use the event information.

I think it contains the solution - I hope

This appears to be a continuation of your Roxio Media Manager thread, you should have posted a follow-up (there) and not started a new thread (here) easier to keep track this way.

Did you follow James' suggestion with links in post #4? If not, give that a shot.

The installer may be hidden, have you tried to find it after Show(ing) hidden files and folders - be careful. Have you checked Event Viewer to see if an installer has been flagged as a troublemaker, possibly in Application...?

Archived