Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.51

mbam.pngMalwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a full-blown anti-malware program that has recently left the labs and can be considered the next step in the detection and removal of malware. Malwarebytes Team put together a host of new technologies that were specially designed to quickly detect, deter and destroy any malware that could reside in your computer.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors every process and actually stops malicious processes before they even start. It uses an impressive technology that is in fact a completely novel way of heuristic scanning and it is the teams response to the increasingly complex malware threats. And, as they did with Malwarebytes' RogueRemover we also have added a threats center. You can simply check online which pests are removed the most and thus are the most prevalent.

download.png Download: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.51

screen.png Screenshot: Image Preview

link.png Homepage: Malwarebytes

View the full article

The link (downloaded moments ago) gave me version 1.46 (hash 6AE625D478C96A378DFC9683F9DB34BA) - sucks, I'm on dialup :(

Malwarebyte's link to download the free version points to v1.50.1 @ fileforum - I'm wondering if this thread is a bit premature?

• Administrator

Problem is they haven't updated the program on their own site yet. I don't know why, either. I never like seeing links to programs that are on their own site, not archives, and outdated. When I tried to download it from MajorGeeks, the official mirror downloads they had 404ed.

I too noticed that the one in the post is 1.46, and 1.50.1 is from the one in AMT. It's annoying to try and keep this up to date when they cannot be consistent.

This was posted on their forums shortly after release.

Please note that not all mirrors have the file available and we will be working throughout the day to get the files updated :).

Edit: Fixed to a working link.

I got it through update, so I missed all that annoyance. Just had the usual annoyance with it downloading the definition update, then the program update, then needing to update the definitions again after installing the new version. Being on dialup, this really sucks.

One thing not mentioned in the article - they've added a 14-day free trial of the Pro version. They're offering this as an option to those who update to the new version, not just new users. So right now I'm running the Pro version. It doesn't seem to be slowing my computer down noticeably, though I doubt I'd be saying that if I still had only 512MB of RAM.

• Administrator

I know you guys are on dial-up and with how greenknight mentioned how the database downloaded, then updated the program and AGAIN updated the database, I've mentioned this to the Malwarebytes Team. I put in a suggestion on the Malwarebytes forum. So far a few have agreed that it should be added so I'm hoping this makes it in for you guys.

Here's a copy of the suggestion.

My latest suggestion: Allow program updates to occur before database updates. I've seen a few dial-up users complain of getting the database, then being offered the program update and then having to update the database again.