Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.22

Adobe have released Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.22 (10.3.181.23 for Internet Explorer)

This fixes a Zero-Day security vulnerability that is being actively exploited in Windows.

From Adobe's Security Bulletin:

This universal cross-site scripting vulnerability (CVE-2011-2107) could be used to take actions on a user's behalf on any website or webmail provider, if the user visits a malicious website. There are reports that this vulnerability is being exploited in the wild in active targeted attacks designed to trick the user into clicking on a malicious link delivered in an email message

If you don't like Adobe's Download Manager and want to download the standalone installers for IE or Firefox, see the links I posted for Internet Explorer and for Firefox in this topic.

Another one? Already? Seems like just a few days ago I installed the last Flash update.

Oh, well, at least they're patching the holes - the incredibly frequent holes - in Flash. I'd best get this, even though it sounds like nothing that's likely to affect me. Never a good idea to slack off on security updates.

Another one? Already? Seems like just a few days ago I installed the last Flash update. ...

The last Security update was less than 30 days ago, on 12-May, but there was an update to fix IE9 compatibility last week as well.

MacBook Airs already come without Flash pre-installed, but Apple has officially warned that it's Java (not Flash) that will be absent from Mac OS 10.7

As of the release of Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3, the Java runtime ported by Apple and that ships with Mac OS X is deprecated. Developers should not rely on the Apple-supplied Java runtime being present in future versions of Mac OS X

• 3 weeks later...

Adobe, you Sxxx!

LOL

That's the 4th Flash Player update in a month.

So many coming out now that half of the Adobe website does not show the latest version. At the time of posting (two days after the latest release) neither the Flash Player Developer Center (HERE) nor the Adobe Flash Platform Runtime Releases blog (HERE) has the current release listed.

What's the point of even having an Adobe blog tracking Flash Player releases if it doesn't actually track them? :realmad:

Even Wikipedia (HERE) is (more) up-to-date.

For reference, the recent releases are:-

• 10.3.181.16 - 31-May - issue with hardware acceleration on some systems with Intel HD Graphics
  • 10.3.181.22 - 05-June - security release APSB11-13 CVE-2011-2107
  • 10.3.181.26 - 14-June - security release APSB11-18 CVE-2011-2110
  • 10.3.181.34 - 28-June - compatibility issues with some content using cross-domain policy files