Welcome to the upgraded Lunarsoft Forums!

• Administrator

We're now running the latest version of our forum software. Many new features have been added and much has changed, yet it's still the same, quality forum.

I still have much to do in terms of updating the logo and a few hooks, but everything will be back soon!

Be sure to clean your cache so that everything updates properly!

:)

What's new in IP.Board!

In addition to this list there are countless other minor improvements and changes based on client feedback too numerous to mention.

Calendar Improvements

Moderator Functions

New Text Editor

AdminCP

Core Functionality

Miscellaneous Changes

• "Delete All" button has been added to the SQL error logs page
  • Linear+ and Outline modes removed for topic viewing (they're a hold-over from an older time on the web and it's time to retire them)
  • Support for IPv6
  • You can now use the member management tools to search for incomplete members
  • Pagination added to the incomplete members page of the ACP
  • If only one skin or language is choosable, the dropdown selector at the bottom of the page will be hidden
  • Member photos and member avatars are being merged into one function: member photo. There was too much overlap between the two features.
  • IP.Calendar and IP.Chat will no longer be bundled in the IP.Board download zip to reduce the size of the download. This also allows clients who have no interest in IP.Chat or IP.Calendar to choose not to download or install those applications. Of course those who do wish to use those applications can easily download from the client area and install them.
  • Rebuild FURL cache button has been moved to the cache management page.
  • It is now possible to rename the "hooks" folder to something else editing the constant IPS_HOOKS_PATH in initdata.php.
  • You can now edit each group's report center permissions directly from the group management area
  • Report center now supports item marking to remember and indicate which reports you've viewed
  • Customers who have purchased Copyright Removal no longer need to enter a separate Copyright Removal key. The copyright will automatically be removed when activating your license.
  • New settings for attachments to limit size of files stored on disk
  • Separate ACP restriction options have been added for managing spam users and incomplete users (access to these areas were previously controlled by the option "can manage banned users").
  • "Show X Last visitors in profile" now shows always the last 5 visitors if the setting is enabled rather than having a 3, 5, 10 dropdown choice.
  • New ACP tool to create the cronjobs to rebuild sphinx indexes
  • When adding a ban filter in the ACP you will now have an option to enter a reason visible to all admins (the reason won't show in the public side).
  • Pinned, polls, and moved topic prefixes have been moved to language files (they were previously in the settings area)
  • Many redundant or pointless settings removed. Other settings moved to more logical locations. Some settings groups merged to create fewer groups to go through when setting up your community. System Settings menu item moved to a top-level menu item under System tab so it's available with one-click anywhere in AdminCP.
  • The note box in your My Settings (UserCP) area has been removed. It is a hold-over from years past and doesn't seem to make sense in community software. If you are one of the very few people who use this: make a copy of your notes before upgrade.
  • The unread topic marking system will now remember what page of a topic you left off reading rather than assume you read the entire topic on the first click.

Clicking around to test links etc, Spoiler doesn't seem to be working, when clicking Show nothing happens.

Btw, I do like the immediate Bolding and Italicising when the buttons are clicked in the editor rather than seeing the code.

Strange, maybe the forums are still upgrading, Spoiler didn't work for me for hours, suddenly it's wotking fine now - yes I had cleared my cache before logging on. Also, I had this strange issue with arrow left and right while in the Editor - the cursor would disappear, this is also now working :hypno:

• Administrator

There is a very annoying known bug with Firefox 6+ that they won't fix. If you press backspace after typing your entire line gets wiped out.

testing spoiler

Aha, found one welcome bug-fix: the board is much better at tracking posts you've just read, straight after reading them.

Before, it seemed to forget and kept on marking an already-read topic as still-unread, when you switched pages.

"View New Content" has been completely redesigned and is a big improvement on previous versions. Just one thing to click (top right of the page) then it opens a new page and you can redefine what you mean by "View New Content" via a menu down the left-hand side. That includes:

• Content I have not read
  • New since my last visit
  • Past 24 hours
  • Past week
  • Past 2 weeks
  • etc

I like the new design. :cool:

Yeah, the new look is nice :)

The editor is a bit quirky though.

Speaking of the editor, I guess the default is Rich Text, not sure but where do you setup Standard as the default? I've searched my Settings and don't see anything for editor choice like the previous IPB offered.

Clicking Toggle editing mode grays out the buttons, but it does give you the plain formatting which can be edited if you know what code to insert. I've edited by hand but when post is previewed some formatting is added which has been borking any post with more than a bit of text and a period.

Overall, I like most of the Rich Text editor but I'm used to Standard (and prefer it).

Forgot to ask, how do you enable Spell Checking in the editor, I'm much smarter with it :phhbbtt:

• Administrator

Firefox's spell checker works just fine with the RTE editor. I took a quick look and didn't see a way to disable the RTE editor.

I know there have been a few bugs reported in relation to editing posts after upgrading to 3.2 which they're already fixing for 3.2.1. It wouldn't surprise me if 3.2.1 is out by the end of the month.

The editor is a bit quirky though.

That's being polite.

Some editing tasks are more difficult than before because the way the editor works is different. For a start, it seems to always hide the raw BBCode, which I used to hack when a post didn't display the way I wanted. Also, when inserting a link into a post the editor is quite different for those of us used to the old way of doing things. Now, both the raw link and the overlying text are posted into a single paste box, instead of one for each. So how do I now customise the text over the link? Maybe I just need to revert the editor to standard mode as mIkE suggests. Any other way of editing the URL or the overlying text separately in an already-inserted link in a post?

• Administrator

From what I can tell you can enter type your url, then highlight the text and enter the link using the editor. You can also type the plain BBCode and it will convert it on post/preview. It seems to be a lot like Word and other RTE style apps.

Picking up on the problems with the editor, the only way I have found to edit links in posts if inserting links goes wrong, is to switch from Rich Text to Standard by clicking the Toggle editing mode button (the vague grey one at the top left of the button panel).

Nothing else I've tried, nor any other suggestions made so far, have worked for me.

What about deleting it or clicking the Unlink button (between Link and Image)?

Umm, didn't even notice that there was an Unlink button, until you pointed it out :blush:

However, perhaps I should have explained fully that I was trying to edit the link, not delete it.

Previously I successfully dragged a link, in the same way that greenknight also discovered, bringing both the URL -- and the text over it -- in one go. This time just the URL was pasted, so I had to try and put the text in afterwards. The new editor works fine to convert some existing text to a link, by:-

1. first highlighting the text, then
  2. clicking the link button, then
  3. pasting the URL.

It's the reverse that I can't do.

It's not the end of the world -- clicking Toggle editing mode to switch the editing mode to Standard, as I wrote last time, and as mentioned by gUiTaR_mIkE can always be used as a fallback.