Posting images

I tried including an embedded image in a post the other day but could find no way of doing it. The image button only allows links to third-party URLs (i.e. image-hosting sites) and no way of being able to embed the image in my post. I'm sure I used to be able to do this, but not now.

What am I missing? Is it a permissions issue?

• Administrator

Oh sorry, yeah it's attach files. I checked the group permissions and everything is a-okay. I run with the forum defaults too and I'm not having any issues. You may also want to check the My Media button.

Sidenote: The editor itself is completely separate from the Attach Files section.

I've looked at this again.
I remember that I used to be able to have an image on my computer and then embed it in a post. I had to upload it to the board, which would then store it somewhere and display it inline in the post itself. Now, when I attempt to put an image in a post, clicking on the Image button simply produces a popup asking for a URL. So, now all I can do is find a third-party image hosting site and link to it.

I don't quite understand the function of the My Media button. All it seems to do is show a list of existing file attachments and allow me to delete them. What else is it supposed to be for?

• Administrator

It looks very straightforward to me. You click Choose Files under Attach Files, upload the image, then after it's uploaded click Add to Post. My Media manages all past attachments. I next to never upload files, I almost always do them remotely on image hosts, etc.

lk2013.png

Yes, that works! :yes:

To check, I've just gone back and edited/fixed my post in the Java thread, ( actually) to properly embed the image.

I have no idea how/why I missed doing the "Add to Post" step last time round. Maybe I just did things in the wrong order.  :blush: