Need new pc

sickchik

I am getting ready to purchase a new desktop. I want to spend about 1300$. I use my pc for media more than anything, and surfing the net.I need at least 160 GB of sorage and would like to have a 19" flat screen and a tv tuner.There are so many different brands and systems that i am kinda lost. Any suggestions from anyone would be helpfull. :shocking:

• Administrator

Alienware is overrated and overpriced. :\

You could buy what you need to off newegg and have someone build it, or get a prebuilt Gateway or something, that you can customize. A lot less price and stuff.

Alienware is overrated and overpriced.  :\

You could buy what you need to off newegg and have someone build it, or get a prebuilt Gateway or something, that you can customize.  A lot less price and stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed.

Newegg is dirt-cheap, plus you can throw the parts together pretty quickly... if you're going to buy a pre-built computer, don't buy one from a "high-end," expensive brand-name like Alienware, Voodoo, or Falcon-NW (the three main 'gaming' PC manufacturers).

As much as I like the alienware, I have decided to go with the HP Pavilion d4100y. I have customized it quite a bit. I do not know much about graphic cards and sound cards. Currently i have it set with the NVIDIA GeForce 6200se and Sound Blaster Audigy 4,24 bit for pc with tv tuner. I do not play alot of games, but my son is 9 and wants a couple. I will be using it for alot of movies and music. Should I upgrade these?

As much as I like the alienware, I have decided to go with the HP Pavilion d4100y. I have customized it quite a bit. I do not know much about graphic cards and sound cards. Currently i have it set with the NVIDIA GeForce 6200se and Sound Blaster Audigy 4,24 bit for pc with tv tuner. I do not play alot of games, but my son is 9 and wants a couple. I will be using it for alot of movies and music. Should I upgrade these?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, your graphics card and Sound Blaster isi adequete to play all current games on medium-ish settings.

Heck, better than my PC :shocking: (5200 + onboard audio)