February Desktops 2006

hehe... I use Konfobulator every once in a while, since it takes up nearly a quarter of my RAM... I don't actually use it enough to use the to-do list... but it makes for cool screenshotes :hello:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:shudders:

G'day Zaphirer,

I agree with your point on Konfabulator being a resource hog. However, if you do like widgets on your system and have a modicum of being able to tinker with settings you might like to try Samurize. It's what I use now instead of Konfab and is WAY less resource hungry.

Link here: Samurize

And best of all, it's FREE.

Here's a quick link to show just a very small amount of what Samurize can do, it's my current desktop

Senuty's Desktop

Cheers :wish:

Hey, it looks prettty interesting *downloading*

I'm guessing you're running WinXP, but that might be a slight problem because I'm running 2k... but it should be alright... I'll fool around with it today and see what it looks like, maybe re-post my desktop :hello:

EDIT: huh. confusing. must resist the urge to spend all night figuring it out. math beckons :wish:

hehe... I use Konfobulator every once in a while, since it takes up nearly a quarter of my RAM... I don't actually use it enough to use the to-do list... but it makes for cool screenshotes :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:shudders:

G'day Zaphirer,

I agree with your point on Konfabulator being a resource hog. However, if you do like widgets on your system and have a modicum of being able to tinker with settings you might like to try Samurize. It's what I use now instead of Konfab and is WAY less resource hungry.

Link here: Samurize

And best of all, it's FREE.

Here's a quick link to show just a very small amount of what Samurize can do, it's my current desktop

Senuty's Desktop

Cheers :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the tabs on the side. I looked for that on the samurize page and couldn't find it. Wouldn't happent to have a link, would ya?

G'day,

heheh, won't find it at Samurize as it's not part of their applications/widgets.

The tabs belong to Objectdock Plus. When I get a chance I'll post a pic of what it looks like when expanded.

Link for Objectdock --> Link

Also be aware that Objectdock Plus is not free, however the 'fly-out' docking system works just as well, just had a habit of 'flying-out' whilst I was playing a game as I had it set to be 'On Top of Windows', that's why I've gone to 'plus' as it's more configurable.

Cheers :)