Flashdrive

two gigs? holy... how much did that run you? and how much do you have filled up on it?

)corjello(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Normally it was $170, but I got it for $80. Staples had an early morning day after Thanksgiving sale, so I made out like a bandit. I got that, a 200 GB Maxtor HD for $30, and a 512 MB SD card for my g/f for $15. :unsure:

And I always have 1 GB of it filled with application installers for when I'm doing PC repair, and the other gig is for anything else that needs to be transported. Mostly stuff that stays on there temporarily, like videos and documents.

yeah i remember when you got that baby tarun. would have like one like that, but i really only needed a 128 mg (this thing is for my new job on monday) but a gig was only 70 bucks so if figured what the hell, it does what i want.

if i ever really want to transport a big amount of files, i could just bring an external for swapping. :unsure:

I only needed a 128MB for class, but the 2.5GB was on there for 120, and when I went the 5GB was on sale so I was like "Hell yeah!".  I've already filled half of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like Flash ROM better than the tiny HDs, cause they are smaller, use less power, and they don't wear out as fast (no moving parts). If I want a hard drive, I'm gonna buy a big, fat, dense, 500 GB 3.5" drive so that I can make it really worth my while. And the only reason I use an HD then is because Flash mem hasn't gotten that big/cheap yet.

And perviously, I owned a 256 MB Sony Flash ROM drive, but I filled it up so often/fast that it really didn't cut it for me anymore.