Remove Norton 2005 net Security Antispy

JMac

Hey,

Ive been hearing its hard to remove all norton products from a comp once its been installed and not even add/remove takes them all away.

Can some1 talk me through removing it... and recomendations on new security items.

Respect JMac

• Administrator

Go ahead and run the Add/Remove Programs and uninstall them as you normally would.

Next, refer to this page on SymNRT and follow their instructions.

After that, run DAF to fix any problems that may arise. A common problem is that BITS will stop functioning properly, but DAF will fix that issue.

removed norton and tryed windows defender and it installed :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man! I looked at your HJT log, and saw Norton. I remember reading somewhere that Norton can interefer with things like this, but I couldn't remember where I read it (so I didn't have a reference).

I am curious as to why Norton still interefered after turning it off/disabling it. I wonder why you have to uninstall it to stop the interference. (Don't answer "because it's Norton" :D )

I'm glad things are running better for you JMac. :P

Just installed avast and is it good to run VRDB Gen? if yes then when comp is idle or when screensaver is running?

Decided not to install outpost free untill u come up wit ur opinion Tarun. (as if i had the chance i would trust you with my life) but comps nearly protecting my life as without my comp i dnt know where i would be...

• Administrator

any1 tryed the new FREE ZA?

feedback please.

Yeah I have, it has the same interface that it did back at 2.0. It CONSTANTLY wants to check for updates, every five seconds in fact. There's no way to disable it, but blocking it from accessing the net helps. Takes up more resources too.

Yeah, so far I'm thinking those are the best.  Avast or eTrust.  (I'm starting to really lean towards avast)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whoa really? well, make a topic with your final decision please!

)corjello(

• Administrator

Yeah, so far I'm thinking those are the best.  Avast or eTrust.  (I'm starting to really lean towards avast)

whoa really? well, make a topic with your final decision please!

)corjello(

Going to test it more on my Virtual PC soon.