Reformat question

corjello

Ok, ive reformated about four computers using an actuall cd that had windows on it, but sometime in the near future, im going to reformat one that has it set up so that you dont have a cd. how exactly does this work? i know it has to do somehting with partitions and stuff, but i dont really know much more than that. thanks for the help

)corjello(

and do you recomend that compared to me using a regular cd? Im doing it for a friend, and all they want is for their children to be able to play games on it, it wont even have internet. Ive got a college version of Windows 2000 cd (doesnt need a key), or if their computer has that partition i figured i would just do that.

)corjello(

My new HP doesn't have a recovery cd. It has a screen that says system restore, like Tarun says. Mine gives me the option to wipe it clean or just restore the system settings and keep my data. Isn't the system recovery basically what's on the cd?

Same when i bought my new comp i got no cds. ive got a 6GB HD in it in place o the 200GB which holds all the system recovery files etc.

I think they should give you the restore cds in the box and any other ones you may need. As if you phone the company up the ask you for

Archived