RegSeeker

krit86lr

I've been playing around with Regseeker a little bit, and a have a few questions. Does anyone else use this?

Are all Invalid ActiveX/COM (CLSID) entries okay to delete? Or do you need to determine which ones that you need? There alot of them, but I haven't deleted them because when I veiw them in the registry they're just strings. It doesn't tell me what the string is associated with. *I obviously don't know alot about ActiveX/COM entries* :eyeroll:

Also, can you manually add anything that you want into the exclusions list? Andavari gave me his exclusion list, but I don't remember if I'm supposed to copy/paste or whatever. :P

I must say that I do like the program. It's really handy. I can search any drive, and registry at 10X the speed of the windows search utility. I also like the tweaks. :)

I had this for a while, but I never used the registry clenaing stuff, considering it said something like its not out fault if this screws up kinda thing. I would recommend getting TuneUp Utilities 2006, best RegCleaner, best RegSeeker, and loads of tweaks; http://www.tune-up.com - get in contact if you need help.

@corjello - No problem ;) Thanks anyway.

@LOTW - I downloaded Tune Up Utilities today, and ended up playing with it for about 2 hours straight. :P It's a fun toy.

The only thing that I don't like is that when it checks for problems it doesn't tell you what the problems are. Is there a way to view what it wants to fix?

Thanks again guys!

Registry Mechanic can give false errors, and thus causes problems. And TuneUp does show the errors.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I played with Registry Mechanic for a minute, but I wasn't impressed. I like TuneUp, and RegSeeker a lot more.

You like TuneUp more than RegSeeker? The RegCleaner far surpasses RegSeeker's, and the reg search is far better as well in TuneUp, under Administer & Control...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure which one I like more. They both have different pros and cons in my opinion. I'm just not convinced that TuneUp is worth the $$.

Also, I noticed that RegSeeker has a bug in the search function. So it's not so cool anymore. ;)

TuneUp has been a lot of fun to play with though! :P Good suggestion.