Hi there!

I am a "casual" player of GW, that is, I am not one of those leet, super high level players that have to do and have everything! I just like to play, chat, help guildies, mostly PVE, but will do GVG, PVP if forced :sick:

I used to be in Tarun's guild but left a couple months ago, now I am the leader of my guild, Knights Of A Red Dawn. We are small, but very friendly and helpful to each other, and have loads of fun in our Hall. I'm working at getting more NPCs (right now only have Storage NPC).

My grandson, Fred The Fish Monk, got me started with this game back in Oct '05 and I have been totally and hopelessly hooked ever since.

I have a personal webpage, made with Apple's relatively new little program, iWeb. You can see my GW site here:

http://web.mac.com/looseej/iWeb/GuildWars/Welcome.html

Well, that's about all that comes to mind, and almost time to go home and get on GW!

Bye!

(Edit)

Decided to add a little more about myself here, since I've seen other people did.

I work for the State of California, at the CA School for the Deaf, Riverside, as an Assistant Information Systems Analyst. I've worked there for 26 years, but in this position for only 6 of those years. I manage and maintain about 125 Macintosh computers myself and help with about 300 PCs on campus, so most of my expertise is with Macintosh. The school is a residential school for deaf and hard-of-hearing students from infant to High School. It's a great place to work!

I live across the street from the campus, which covers an entire city block. I ride my bike to work and use it on campus to get around to all of my Macs (and PCs). As you can probably tell, I'm a little partial to Apple computers! Now I know most of you think Macs are toys, but believe me, they are great machines!

Well, I'm not used to talking about myself so much, but saw that others described their occupation, thought I would too! Thanks for "listening"!

Thanks CaPMan! Glad you liked them! Im a dudette btw!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So sorry dudette. :lol:

Although dude can be used generically for either sex, which is what I was doing really. :sick:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay! No need to be sorry No offense taken :lol: . And you are absolutely right, according to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dude

"Though dude had been applied to women as early as the mid-70's, its use came to a tipping point somewhere in the mid-80's. Attempts to establish dudette as the feminine form failed (the original term for a fine-looking woman among Hawaiian surfers, wahine, never established itself either) and it is now a fact that dude, at least in the prescriptive sense, can refer to both men and women. Perhaps the first mainstream display of this usage appeared in the movie Less Than Zero, in which there is a scene where a young woman defiantly tells her mother, "No way, dude!". Indeed, even American Heritage Dictionary recognizes this in its dude definition 3.b., that "dudes" are "Persons of either sex". According to Jesse Sheidlower, the North American editor of the Oxford English Dictionary, it is a topic of interest amongst linguists and lexicographers whether dude in the descriptive ("that dude"), rather than the prescriptive ("hey dude") sense can be applied to both men and women (See The Sexual Transmigration of Dude). The latter is generally a non-specific exclamation which can be directed at, but not precisely applied to any certain person. The former is rarely applied to a woman; in fact doing so is sometimes a derogatory expression of a woman's over-masculinity ("she's quite a dude")."