Putting things into perspective

I was talking to Barry the other day about whether men have a mid life crisis where they feel a need to date younger women.

He said it was all in a bloke's mind and that it had all been put into perspective for him after he had a conversation with his wife.

Married 38 years, I took a look at my wife one day and said, "Honey, 38 years ago, we had a cheap flat, an inexpensive car, slept on a fold out bed and watched TV on a 12 inch black and white. But I got to sleep every night with a hot 22 year old cutey pie.  

Now, because I've worked non-stop for 38 years, we have a nice house, a jacuzzi, nice cars, a big bed and a 50 inch wide plasma screen TV. However, I'm sleeping with a 60 year old woman.  You don't seem to be holding up your side of things."

My wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me to go out and find a hot 22 year old blond, and she would certainly make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap flat, driving an old beat up car, and sleeping on a fold out bed... 

Sometimes things just have to be put in "simple terms."   

Cheers :P

Hey Senuty, I am right there with Barry's wife! Good for her!

I am also a 60 yr old wife, have been married to my husband for 43 years. If he said that to me you're darn-tootin' he'd be out lookin' for a place to lay down his silly head! I'll bet his wife helped to earn that nice house, jacuzzi, nice cars, big bed and 50 inch TV! As I have too in my working career of child-bearer, (not a little thing, that) mother, wife, cook, nurse, taxi service, sex machine (!), 37 years in government work, gardener, etc., etc., etc., need I go on? I make more money than my husband too, so I kinda doubt that he would ever DARE to make such a suggestion to me! If he did he would be sooo outta here!

Seriously though, I'm sure Barry still loves his wife, as my husband loves me, and can still remember that hot 22 year old cutie pie at the appropriate moments! Anyway, whose to say we girls don't feel the same way about you guys? But I don't have any problem conjuring up the hot, hunky 18 year old I married when I need to! And I'm sure his wife doesn't either, he should just ask her.

Thanks for reminding me about this issue, and now you all know without a doubt, there IS love and sex after 60!

Glade :P