BEST WAY To Clean your PC?

JMac

yea, with modern cases its really not that hard to just slide off a side and stick a little vacumm around on the fan and vent areas, just be sure to be carefull. then after you vacumm the dust build up blast it to hell with compressed air. this will keep your internal temps down and prolong the life of your hardware

)corjello(

I only ever use a small paint brush to loosen all the dust and then vacuum it out.

I do mine about once a year.

I was actually suffering with the processor over heating not so long ago, and I was getting warning beeps all the time, but I was desperate to get on IM with someone, so I just went into the BIOS and turned off the warning beeps for the night, luckily I did not fry the processor.

I was amazed the next day when I unscrewed the processor fan and saw the crap on the heatsink, so I cleaned it all up and all was good.

Saying that though, Krit's idea is probably the best, it is probably safer than vacuuming it out, I understand vacuuming causes static build up.

i think the small brush will be best.

as for compressed air im not even sure about that :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can buy compressed air anywhere. At comp shops it is specifically sold this purpose. The brush isn't going to do enough on it's own really.

Yeah, compressed air is great, but it is so **** expensive! If you have any vaccuums that double as a blower, that would be a good idea, because then you don't have to buy canned air every few months.

3M made a non-conducting liquid you can dump all over you computer and it won't hurt it, but I've never tried it out; something about dumping liquid all over my new computer that just doesn't appeal to me...

As far as how often, that all depends on how good your computer's ventilation system is. I have six 120mm fans in my case, and it still gets a bit dusty from time to time. I personally would recommend blowing out your case monthly.

Compressed air, a small brush, and a shop vac with a soda straw taped to the nozzle. The straw gives you a smaller tip to poke around with and it increases the strength of the vacuum. Just be sure you ground the hose of the vac, it can build up a static charge that could zap your chips.

Compressed air, a small brush, and a shop vac with a soda straw taped to the nozzle. The straw gives you a smaller tip to poke around with and it increases the strength of the vacuum. Just be sure you ground the hose of the vac, it can build up a static charge that could zap your chips.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmmm, zapped chips (what we call fries over here :D ), do they come with Coke?

Cheers :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmmm, zapped chips (what we call fries over here :D ), do they come with Coke?

Cheers :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper.........you can even get a RC Cola, but that usually comes with a Moon Pie. :)