Counter-Strike

• 3 months later...

Personally, I think it depends on which CS your talking about. Of course they were all good, I loved CS when it first came out and took full advantage of its free online play. I was instantly addicted to this game. I love the fact that the game is challenging unlike most other fps games. THe selection of guns is also amazing (I like the bulllpup and the ak-47). The maps (the pre-loaded ones anyways) are overall decent, but do not hinder the games playability at all. When counterstrike source came out with HL2, I had to beg my friend to lend me his game so I could play source, which is basically a revamped CS with better graphics using the HL2 graphics engine, meaning there is physics, less pixelated lines and such. Overall, due to the games playability, I would have to say this is probably "one-of-the-best" fps games out there.

Your friend,

Ryan

Counter-Strike (1.5/1.6 that is) was by far one of the best games i've ever had.. it's addicting when you go over to a friends house, have 9 computers networked together and are going at it with a **** near unlimited source of Bawls, Mountain Dew, and Pizza Hut Pizza =P

either that.. or at a Lan Center owning... cause its just funny as hell when you pwn some dude and he gets up out of his chair and is like OH MY f***IN GOD! Who the f*** is Replicant!!!!! You f***in hacker!

they always have to come to the computer and check for hacks (which you can't even install lol) and press all the default hack menu binds (like insert)..

Still play it today, it fun if your good and no cheaters are playin. the Source Engine is too inaccurate for me to play on. Plus the feel of CS1.5/1.6 is just to awesome.. these new games make your character feel like a truck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Counter-Strike (1.5/1.6 that is) was by far one of the best games i've ever had.. it's addicting when you go over to a friends house, have 9 computers networked together and are going at it with a **** near unlimited source of Bawls, Mountain Dew, and Pizza Hut Pizza =P

Those are a lot of fun :D Maybe next LAN party when the finals are over I can get a few pictures... although we usually don't top 6 ppl :shocking:

Still play it today, it fun if your good and no cheaters are playin. the Source Engine is too inaccurate for me to play on. Plus the feel of CS1.5/1.6 is just to awesome.. these new games make your character feel like a truck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I personally like the "pixelated" feel of CS 1.6 better... especially the 'blood' :w00t:

hah yea! i had a mod back in 1.5 days, that if you shot someone a big puff of blood would show up.. wasn't meant to be a "hack" but people turned it into a hack by shooting the walls and if they saw blood kept shooting there. so now its banned in 1.6 :(

most people we had at my friends house was 20, of course i was the "computer guru" that had to get all the comps to let us LAN.. was f*ckin sweet! 10 computers on opposite sides so we couldn't look at the other team 's monitors.