Microsoft Office 2007

I've heard it's extremely good. In fact the best of all the Office releases to date.

I don't know about it being good or bad, but one thing is sure, its very different from earlier versions, much revised user interface. Guess alot of people who went to classes and took guides on how to use Microsoft Office is gonna have to re-learn a lot of stuff. The new interface will confuse the hell out of (especially elder) people and other non-computer-illiterate people.

Costs an absolute fortune though.

Well, there is always OpenOffice which is absolutely free, thats what I use. It has the advantage of supporting the OpenDocument Format (ODF) which is an officially published ISO standard, also has more advantages such as being open source and being cross-platform.

I've heard it's extremely good. In fact the best of all the Office releases to date.

I don't know about it being good or bad, but one thing is sure, its very different from earlier versions, much revised user interface. Guess alot of people who went to classes and took guides on how to use Microsoft Office is gonna have to re-learn a lot of stuff. The new interface will confuse the hell out of (especially elder) people and other non-computer-illiterate people.

Costs an absolute fortune though.

Well, there is always OpenOffice which is absolutely free, thats what I use. It has the advantage of supporting the OpenDocument Format (ODF) which is an officially published ISO standard, also has more advantages such as being open source and being cross-platform.

I have OpenOffice at the moment, but I am testing Microsoft Office Enterprise as well, see which one I like more. Fact is, OpenOffice is lacking in some areas, and I might need Microsoft Office for college work at some point.

I have OpenOffice at the moment, but I am testing Microsoft Office Enterprise as well, see which one I like more. Fact is, OpenOffice is lacking in some areas, and I might need Microsoft Office for college work at some point.

Yes, I believe there might be some areas in which OpenOffice is lacking a bit, and have room for improvement.

I hope upcoming updates will rectify this.

• 2 weeks later...