You can run, but you can't hide.

Hey Forumites,

Just thought I'd drop in to check things out. I was a member of DjLizard's forum but it appears to have bottomed out, hope it wasn't cause of me.

I'm in west Tennessee where the weather is starting to get cool. Deer season will open here next month and I'm chomping at the bit. Yes, I do kill and eat small woodland creatures.......deal with it. I like FPS games and CaPMan's cheesy jokes.

Last month, my brother in law (real out doors kind of guy) brings me "deer hunting". Now he is all decked out in a full camo suit, spraying himself with a "anti human scent" spray, carrying a bow and arrows, blah blah blah.

Now here comes me. I have a dozen beef jerkeys in my back pocket, t shirt and jeans on, a 12 of beers under my arm, and, well, no weapon. I drink all the beer, am chatting it up, blah blah blah.

PETA would love me......... :hello:

Looks kinda tough to eat. Must be big business out there though.

beefjerkya11il.jpg

I'll give it a miss if I am ever lucky enough to visit America then, which I really hope to do one day.

I've never flown (I don't have wings), but I am sure I would love it.

I really do intend visiting the USA in 2007, I did want to do NY for a few days, my wife wants to do Florida for a few weeks, but now I am thinking of doing the west coast for 9 days. Need to look into a bit more nearer the time.

How weird is this?

I went to a supermarket today that I would not normally go to, and this caught my eye, so I bought it.

Have not tried it yet though.

I looked for that brand on the net and found it comes from Argentina and is "further processed" in the US. What that means, I have no idea. It's not sold here. If you don't like it, look for a brand called "Jack's Links". Whatever you do, stay away from the jerky that is made from meat that's beef ground up and extruded into strips. It's like eating cardboard. :hello: